HAL will produce the first five Tapas-BH-201 drones, IDN had reported this earlier in the day today
Best NDA Coaching in UP: The war in Ukraine has once again highlighted the role of drones in combat. Currently, Indian forces are dependent on foreign-made drones, and that too to gather intelligence. But soon, India will have a drone that can be used in armed missions.
DRDO scientists are also working with a Coimbatore-based private firm on an indigenous engine for Tapas… As of now, close to 75% of the drone is India-made.
Best NDA Coaching in UP | Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
- How to Prepare for the NDA Exam in 2 Months?The NDA entrance exam is conducted twice a year by UPSC, and it is a challenging test that requires dedicated preparation. If you are wondering how to prepare for the NDA exam in 2 months, this blog post will provide you with all the information you need to create a successful study plan and achieve […]
- Best #1 NDA Coaching in Lucknow – Warriors Defence Academy￼Seeking the best NDA coaching in Lucknow is the initial step towards realizing the dream of joining the National Defence Academy (NDA). The journey to NDA’s prestigious entrance exams demands not just dedication but also guidance from an institute that excels in NDA coaching. Lucknow, known for its historical significance, now stands as a hub […]
- NDA Preparation Tips 2024: Subject-wise Tips and TricksThe NDA Preparation Tips for 2024 offer effective guidance for organizing and preparing for the examination. Conducted by UPSC, the NDA Exam serves as a crucial gateway for individuals aspiring to join the Armed Forces. It comprises two integral stages – the Written Exam and the SSB Interview. Candidates who successfully pass the Interview proceed […]
- Avoid These 5 Common Mistakes When Preparing for the NDA ExamNavigating through the rigorous National Defence Academy (NDA) exam demands astute preparation and a vigilant approach to avoid common mistakes made by NDA aspirants. Many aspirants often encounter stumbling blocks that can impede their success. This article delves into prevalent missteps made by NDA aspirants, offering guidance on steering clear of these pitfalls to enhance […]
- Will Transgenders Join the Indian Army?￼The Indian Armed Forces are actively investigating the prospect of integrating transgender individuals into their ranks, aligning with the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act established in 2019. To delve into the implications of this Act and devise effective implementation strategies, the Principal Personnel Officers Committee (PPOC) has convened a joint study group. Comprising senior […]
Tapas-BH-201, developed by the Bengaluru-based Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), recently achieved an altitude of 28,000ft and 18 hours of endurance. The agency, under the DRDO, began developing the medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle a decade ago at a cost of Rs1,540.74 crore; it was later revised to Rs1,786 crore.
“We have a good structural design,” said ADE director Y Dilip. “This is the first time an India-made drone is going for the certification process. And, very soon, it will be inducted into the armed forces.”
The Centre for Military Airworthiness and Certification (CEMILAC) now has to certify the drone for its airworthiness by checking its load factors, safety, and airframe design. #Best NDA Coaching in UP
The armed forces had not shown much interest in earlier India-made drones, probably due to delayed timelines; the forces continued to depend on Israel-made UAVs like Heron and Searcher.
Though Tapas is primarily used for surveillance, they can also carry weapons. “It is pre-designed to carry certain weapons and can be converted into an armed platform,” said Dilip.
Tapas has a range of sensors that make it capable of day and night missions, and it also has autonomous take-off and landing capabilities. It is designed only for small missions and can carry a limited payload of 150 kg. #Best NDA Coaching in UP
The armed forces were especially impressed by the drone’s advanced ground control system. “Now, we have completed the two major requirements of our armed forces—altitude at which the bird can fly and endurance (hours spent in the sky),” said S. Rajagopal, project director of Tapas. “When it landed, Tapas still had about eight hours of fuel left. So, we have calculated its endurance up to 18 hours. Despite our best efforts, we are slightly short of the armed forces’ requirements. But a majority of requirements have been met.” #Best NDA Coaching in UP
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited will produce the first five Tapas drones. The company is expected to get the drawings for production by May. Between September and April, HAL will do staggered delivery.
The flight control systems, avionics, and data-linked systems for the first five Tapas drones are ready.
As soon as the airframe is ready, these systems can be fitted quickly. The engines have already been ordered. “We have the planning in place to make a complete aircraft; systems can be equipped quickly,” said Dilip. “We will train the HAL team on the integration of the first two birds. For the remaining birds, HAL will do the integration themselves.” The ADE will only monitor at the production stage.
Bharat Electronics Limited is the primary partner for electronic systems, like onboard avionics. Then, all five Tapas will go in for user evaluation trials. A total of 76 Tapas drones will be inducted into the armed forces—the Army, 60; the Air Force, 12; and the Navy, four.
Though the original completion date of the project was 2016, it was extended to 2023. The government has made it clear that there will be no further extension.
DRDO scientists are also working with a Coimbatore-based private firm on an indigenous engine for Tapas. The drone is currently powered by the Austria-made Austro engine, which comes with twin turbochargers. As of now, close to 75% of the drone is India-made. DRDO scientists claim that once inducted, Tapas would be almost eight times cheaper than imported drones.
Warriors Defence Academy is the Best Defence Coaching India. We provide an outstanding preparatory education for the entrance examinations to get into the Indian armed forces.
Since our inception 7 years ago, below the captaincy of one of India’s main youngest entrepreneurs – Mr. Gulab Singh. Hundreds of our candidates have been chosen and many of whom have attained pinnacle ranks in ultimate UPSC merit.
- The institute has fairly certified and reputed group instructors each thoroughly committed to supplying unparalleled schooling for NDA/CDS/SSB/AFCAT/CAPF. #Defence Coaching India
- The undertaking of educating transcends the lecture rooms so as to inform the college students to recognize their perfect potential and to inspire them to optimize their results.
- Involvement and excellence in greater curricular things to do like SSB guidance, character development, debates, group games, lecture, and so on characteristics in the training.
- Our goal at the academy is to make college students imbibe self-discipline and groom ethical and moral values. Come, be a phase of this success story, and fulfill your want for becoming a member of the reputed Indian Armed forces and serving the nation. #Defence Coaching India
Best NDA Academy in Lucknow | Join WDA Lucknow – Warriors Defence Academy deeply appreciative and provide you our most grateful welcome. We are glad to announce that Ex. GTO Officer Colonel R. K. Tiwari Sir going to Join our Academy to Guide NDA and CDS aspirants For SSB. WDA is the Best NDA and SSB Coaching in Lucknow India. #Defence Coaching India
Warriors Defence Academy is the Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow. We are the Leading Coaching Institute for NDA/CDS/AFCAT/Army/Air Force/Navy Located in Lucknow. Warriors Defence Academy has the Largest GTO Ground in India. The Aspirants of Defence Services are guided via Ex. Defence Officers. WDA was additionally Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lucknow. #Defence Coaching India
Address: 545-GA/1-CHHA, Chandganj Garden Road, beside Madhuwan Guest house, near Railway crossing, Kapoorthla, Bara Chandganj, Chandralok, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226006
Call Now: 07081011964