Best CDS Coaching in Lucknow | Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Warriors Defence Academy
Best CDS Coaching in Lucknow: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) prescribes CDS eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria of CDS highlight the parameters such as nationality, educational qualification, physical standards, and age. Candidates applying for the CDS exam need to fulfil these parameters in order to be accepted for the recruitment exam. This article has explained in detail, the CDS 2022 eligibility criteria. Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before filling CDS application form 2022. The eligibility of candidates will be verified at the time of document verification, and in case anyone is found ineligible will be rejected from the recruitment process.
What are Eligibility Criteria for CDS?
The CDS exam is conducted twice a year by UPSC to select candidates for Commissioned Officers in the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. Both male and female candidates can apply for CDS vacancies. To be eligible for the exam, candidates need to fulfil the following eligibility conditions:
- Candidates must be permanently settled in India
- Candidates must be a graduate or are in their final year of graduation
- The minimum age limit for the exam is 19 years
- Women candidates are eligible for OTA
- Divorced and issueless women can apply for the exam
- BTech graduates can apply for IMA, INA, AFA
- Candidates need to meet the physical standards
Discussed below are the four eligibility conditions for CDS exam:
- CDS age limit, gender and marital status
- CDS educational qualification
- CDS Nationality
- CDS physical standards
CDS Eligibility Criteria 2022: Nationality
To be eligible for the CDS exam, candidates must be:
(i) A citizen of India, or
(ii) A subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) A subject of Nepal, or
(iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries (Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam) with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided candidates belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv), and (v) should be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Indian government.
A certificate of eligibility is also necessary for Gorkha candidates in Nepal.
What is the Qualification for CDS?
Best CDS Coaching in Lucknow: The educational qualification prescribed by UPSC for admission to various defence academies is given below.
|Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Officers’ Training Academy (OTA)||Graduation from a recognised university|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||An engineering degree from a recognised university/institute|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||Graduation (with Physics and Mathematics at Class 12) or Bachelor of Engineering|
- Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are required to submit provisional certificates of graduation on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at SSB centres
- Those who are in their final year of graduation can also apply
Can 12th Pass Apply for CDS?
No, to be eligible for the CDS exam candidates must have passed graduation from a recognised university.
Which Graduation is required for CDS?
For AFB, candidates must have graduated with Physics and Mathematics in Class 12th or a Bachelor of Engineering. For Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Officers’ Training Academy (OTA), candidates must have passed a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university. For Indian Naval Academy (INA), candidates must have passed a Bachelor in Engineering from a recognised University.
CDS Eligibility Criteria 2022 as per Age Limit & Marital Status
Only unmarried candidates are eligible for the CDS exam. The age limit for the CDS 1 exam is given below:
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA), unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1999, and not later than January 1, 2004, are eligible to apply
- For the Indian Naval Academy (IMA), unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1999, and not later than January 1, 2004, are eligible to apply
- Candidates applying for Air Force Academy should be between 20 to 24 years, as on January 1, 2023. They must have been born not earlier than January 2, 1999, and not later than January 1, 2003, #Best CDS Coaching in Lucknow
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men), unmarried male candidates born not earlier than January 2, 1998, and not later than January 1, 2004, are eligible to apply
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course), candidates should be unmarried and born not earlier than January 2, 1998, and not later than January 1, 2004
The age limit for the CDS exam is given below.
|Academy||Age Limit (In years)||Marital Status|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||19-24||Unmarried|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||19-22||Unmarried|
|Air Force Academy||19-23||Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarriedMarried candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply, but during the training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with a family out of the premises|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||19-25||Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried, and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||19-25||Unmarried|
What is the Age Limit for Girls in CDS Exam?
Women candidates can apply for the OTA posts. The age limit for girls should be 19 to 25 years.
Can Girls Apply for CDS?
Female candidates can apply only for the OTA post while male candidates can apply for any post of CDS exam, as long as they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
CDS Eligibility Criteria 2022 as per Physical Standards For Male & Female Candidates
Candidates applying for CDS recruitment should be physically fit, as per the physical standard guidelines. Several candidates get rejected on medical grounds. Candidates are advised to get themselves medically examined before submitting their applications. Check below the physical standards for the CDS exam:
Height & Weight Parameters for Males
The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cm (157 cm for the Navy and 162.5 cm for Air Force). For Gorkhas and candidates belonging to North-Eastern regions, Garhwali and Kumaon, the minimum height will be 5 cm less. In the case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cm.
|Height and Weight Standards (Males)|
|Height in Centimetres (Without shoes)||Weight in Kgs.|
|18 years||20 years||22 years||24 years|
Height & Weight Parameters for Females
For women candidates, the minimum height is 152 cms. The height and weight parameters for females are given below.
|Height and Weight Standards (Females)|
|Height in Centimetres (Without shoes)||Weight in Kgs.|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
|Height in mm||Age Range|
Vision Standards for Naval Candidates
|Uncorrected without glasses||6/12, 6/12|
|Corrected with glasses||6/6, 6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||-1.5D|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5D|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I|
|Vision||Uncorrected VA 6/60 & 6/60 BCVA 6/6 & 6/6Myopia -3.50 D Sph including astigmatism, Hypermetropia +3.50 D Sph including Astigmatism|
CDS Eligibility Criteria 2022: Important Points
Some of the important points related to CDS eligibility criteria are given:
- UPSC has the right to reject the candidature of the applicant at any stage of recruitment if he/she is not fulfilling the eligibility criteria
- Mere issue of the admission certificate does not imply that the candidature has been accepted by the examination authority
- Document verification is conducted at the end of the recruitment process where the original documents are verified, if anyone does not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected
CDS 2022 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Q. What are CDS eligibility criteria?
Q. Can I apply for CDS after Class 12?
Q. Can final-year candidates apply for CDS?
Q. What is the age limit for CDS?
Q. Can women apply for CDS?
Q. How many attempts are there for the CDS exam?
Q. I am a 22-year-old male and I am married. Can I apply for Indian Naval Academy?
Q. I have done Graduation in Computer Science. Am I eligible to appear for the Indian Naval Academy?
Q. I am 20 years female candidate. I remarried after my divorce. Can I apply for OTA?
Q. What if a candidate wears spectacles on a regular basis? Will I be considered for AFA?
Q. Who can apply for the CDS exam?
Q. Is there any physical test for CDS?