Top NDA Coaching in India-Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
Address: 545-GA/1-CHHA, beside Madhuwan Guest house Chandganj Near Railway Crossing, Kapoorthla, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226006
Top NDA Coaching in India-Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow: When a student plans to join defence at the position of officers right after 12th, then some of the important questions arise in his mind. One of them is related to the NDA eligibility criteria. So to know about the NDA eligibility criteria terms & conditions becomes very important for him.
Here in this article, we are discussing detailed NDA eligibility criteria. To become successful in the NDA entrance exam, one has to clear NDA written exam, SSB interview & medical fitness test. So find below the NDA eligibility criteria in detail as laid down in UPSC notification & defence forces.
Citizenship – Candidate must be a citizen of India OR a subject of Bhutan, Nepal OR a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 OR a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age criteria – The age of the candidate must be between 16½ years & 19½ years. Kindly note that the age limit is counting on the date of joining not the date of release of the NDA notification. So the candidate is advised to add 12 months to his present age & then match the age to lower & upper age limits. For NDA II 2021 Exam, you must bear not earlier than 2nd January 2003 and not later than 1st January 2006.
Educational qualification – The candidates must have passed 10+2 board education from any state board & central board recognised school or college.
- Open schooling/distance schooling +2 students are also eligible to appear in the NDA exam. But you must note that the +2 education system should be of 2 years & your open school/board must recognize by concerned authorities/education board.
- For Air Force & Navy wings, the students must have science with Physics & Maths as mandatory subjects in +2.
- To apply for the Army wing any science, arts & commerce students are eligible.
- Is there any certain percentage of marks required for NDA?
No, To appear in the NDA exam, you only need to pass the 12th board exam with any % of marks. The NDA merit list is prepared on the basis of performances of the NDA written exam only.
- 12th Board Appearing Students – Candidates who are studying in 12th & going to appear in the board exam are also eligible to appear in the NDA exam.
Marital Status & Gender – Only unmarried & male candidates are eligible to appear in the NDA exam. Girls are not eligible to appear in this NDA exam.
Body Tattoos – Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of the forearm i.e. from inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand / Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection.
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination as per guidelines.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or underweight. The candidate should not be overweight or obese.
- The minimum acceptable height for Army & Navy is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force). For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable heights will be 5 cms. less. In the case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms. (These concessions are not applicable for Air Force.)
- The candidates should have a sufficient number of natural and sound teeth. A minimum of 14 dental points will be acceptable. When 32 teeth are present, the total dental points are 22. A candidate should not be suffering from severe pyorrhoea.
- The chest should be well developed. A fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
Physical Conditioning: Prospective candidates are advised to keep themselves in good physical condition by following the under mentioned routine:—
- Running: 2 to 4 Km. in 15 minutes
- Pushups & Sit-ups: Minimum 20 each
- Chin-ups: Minimum 08
- Rope Climbing : 3 to 4 metres.
Visual Standards for Army
- Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6 and worse eye 6/9
- Myopia of not more than minus 2.5 D
- Manifest hypermetropia of not more than plus 3.5 D including Astigmatism
Visual Standards for Navy
- Uncorrected without glass 6/6, 6/9
- Corrected with glass 6/6, 6/6
- Limits of Myopia – 0.75
- Limits of Hypermetropia +1.5
- Binocular vision III
- Limits of colour perception I
Visual Standards for Indian Air Force
- Candidates who habitually wear spectacles are not eligible for Air Force
- Minimum distant vision: 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia
- Colour vision CPI Hypermetropia : +2.0 D Sph
- Manifest Myopia: Nil
And now finally mark this point that a candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.