NDA Eligibility: Top NDA Coaching in India
NDA eligibility is a key point for candidates who are interested in the NDA defence sector. The official notification for the NDA has been released on the official website of UPSC. According to the NDA eligibility criteria & educational qualifications, male & female candidates who have completed their 12th or equivalent can apply for the exam. Candidates must fulfill the prescribed NDA age limit, qualification, physical test requirements, and related eligibility criteria before applying online for the latest exam.
Candidates failing to fulfill the NDA exam eligibility will not be eligible to participate in the recruitment process. Interested male and female applicants must go through the NDA age limit, qualification, 12th percentage marks, and eligibility criteria carefully for NDA 1 & 2 exams. It is essential for the candidates to fulfill the NDA eligibility criteria to be able to get through the selection process. Failing to fulfill the NDA eligibility criteria will lead to the cancellation of the candidature for the candidates.
Warriors Defence Academy Lucknow
Best NDA Academy in Lucknow | Join WDA Lucknow – Warriors Defence Academy deeply appreciative and offer you our most grateful welcome. We are happy to Announce that Ex. GTO Officer Colonel Tiwari Sir going to Join our Academy to Guide NDA and CDS aspirants For SSB. WDA is the Best NDA and SSB Coaching in Lucknow India.
Warriors Defence Academy is the Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow. We are the Leading Coaching Institute for NDA/CDS/AFCAT/Army/Air Force/Navy Located in Lucknow. Warriors Defence Academy has the Largest GTO Ground in India. The Aspirants of Defence Services are guided by Ex. Defence Officers. WDA also Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lucknow.
Call Now: 07081011964
Table Of Contents
- NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022
- NDA Nationality Criteria
- NDA Age Limit Criteria 2022
- NDA Qualification: 12th Percentage & Marks
- NDA Marital Status Eligibility 2022
- NDA Physical Test Requirements
- NDA Height and Weight Standards
- Vision Standards for NDA Exam 2022
- NDA Eligibility Criteria FAQs
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022
The NDA eligibility criteria are one of the main aspects to be known before applying for the exam. To move further in the recruitment process, one must fulfil all the norms of eligibility requirements. The standards of NDA eligibility are defined by the officials of the National Defence Academy. Keep reading to know all about NDA eligibility requirements which include age limit, relaxation, education qualification, percentage calculation, and the number of attempts. It is essential for the candidates to fulfil all the required NDA eligibility criteria to be able to proceed further in the selection process for the exam.
NDA Nationality Criteria
An applicant who is an Indian citizen can apply for the UPSC NDA 2022 examination. Otherwise, they must meet any of the commission’s NDA nationality criteria listed below. The candidates must fulfil the NDA eligibility criteria on Nationality to be able to get through the recruitment process.
- Citizen of India
- A Subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan, or,
- Tibetan refugees who came over to India before 1 Jan. 1962, with the intention of permanent settlement, can apply for the NDA exam.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from the following countries with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire & Ethiopia, Vietnam.
NDA Nationality Note:
- It should be clear that the applicant who belongs to categories 2,3,4, and 5 must have a Certificate of eligibility that has been issued by the Government of India.
- Gorkha applicants who are subjects of Nepal however, do not need to produce this certificate.
NDA Age Limit Criteria 2022
According to the eligibility criteria for the NDA age limit only unmarried male and female aspirants aged between 16.5 – 19.5 are eligible to apply. Candidates interested in applying for this exam must fall in the range mentioned below. Candidates exceeding the NDA age limit will not be considered eligible aspirant for the exam. It is essential for the candidates to satisfy the NDA eligibility criteria for age limit as specified by the concerned authorities.
- The age limit of NDA aspirants must be between 16.5-19.5 years.
- He must have not been born earlier than 02nd January 2003 and not later than 01 January 2006.
NDA Qualification: 12th Percentage & Marks
The NDA qualification required for the Army wing, Navy wing, and Air Force wing through the NDA exam is given below. Candidates who are appearing or passed in the 12th class under the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent examination are eligible in accordance with the prescribed NDA educational criteria. Take a look at the detailed NDA eligibility criteria for educational qualification.
|The Army wing of NDA||Candidate must be appearing/passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board|
|The Air Force & Naval wings of National Defence Academy (NDA) and 10+2 Cadet entry scheme at INA||Candidate must be appearing/cleared his class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics|
- Those candidates who are appearing in Class 12 or equivalent examination can also apply for the NDA exam.
- Those candidates who are appearing in the Class 11 exam are not eligible for the NDA examination.
NDA Marital Status Eligibility 2022
To be well versed with an exam’s eligibility criteria should be the first priority of an applicant before starting their preparation. In comparison to other bodies, NDA and its criteria differ. Marital status plays a crucial role in NDA eligibility criteria. Only unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the NDA examination. For a detailed list of rules check the list mentioned below-
- Only unmarried male & female candidates can apply for the NDA examination.
- Candidates should not marry until they complete their training in the Academy.
- The candidate who marries during the training will be discharged and have to refund all expenditure spent on him by the Government of India.
NDA Physical Test Requirements
It is crucial for the candidates to be medically fit for getting through the selection process and getting closer to their dreams. You should go for a medical examination before submitting your application. Here are the guidelines for NDA physical test requirements:
- The applicant must have good physical and mental health and should be free from diseases and disabilities.
- The candidates are advised to rectify minor defects/ailments.
Permanent body tattoos are only allowed from the wrist to the inside of the elbow and on the hand’s backside. Tattoos on any other body part are not acceptable.
Candidates belonging to tribes who have tattoos/ marks on the face/ body as part of their custom/ traditions will be allowed on a special case basis.
- The chest should not be less than 81cm after full expansion. The expansion of the chest after full inspiration should be more than 5cm. X-ray of the chest will be taken to examine any kind of disease.
- Bones/Joints should not be impaired of any function. These should be developed properly.
- The candidate should not have any history of mental breakdown/ fits.
- Un-operated Hernia will lead to disqualification. In the case of operated Hernia, it should be operated before 1 year to the final medical examination.
- The liver and spleen of the candidate should be of normal size.
- The hearing should be normal. The candidate should be able to hear a whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cms. There should not be any disease of the ear, nose, and throat.
- Blood Pressure should be normal.
- There should not be any functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels.
- There should be no hydrocele, varicocele or piles, or any kind of skin disease.
- Any kind of disease of the internal organs of the abdomen will lead to disqualification.
- Examination of urine will also be done and any abnormality if found, will lead to disqualification.
- The applicant should have a sufficient number of natural and sound teeth. There should be a minimum of 14 dental points.
- USG abdomen examination will be performed and any congenital structural anomaly will lead to disqualification.
- Candidate should not be of weak constitution, overweight/underweight.
NDA Height and Weight Standards
Height and weight play a major role in the eligibility criteria of NDA. The candidate who is applying for the NDA exam must be physically fit. NDA height and weight parameters are primary requirements of the candidates that are necessary to be fulfilled and no relaxation will be given on this ground except the ones mentioned by them. NDA height and weight requirements are:
NDA Height & Weight for Army and Air Force
Take a look at the detailed requirements of the NDA height and weight to get complete knowledge of the eligibility criteria. The details are mentioned of the height and weight are mentioned here.
- The minimum height required is 157 cms ( Note for the Indian Air Force it is 162.5 cms).
- There are certain exceptions for candidates based on the region from where they belong.
|Height (in cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
For Gorkhas and the candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern parts of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum height requirement is 5 cms less than the figure mentioned above. There is a relaxation of 2 Cms for the Candidates belonging to Lakshadweep.
NDA Height and Weight requirements for Navy
Take a look at the NDA height and weight requirements for an elaborated knowledge of the eligibility criteria for the Indian Navy.
|Height (In cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
NDA Physical Standards for Candidates to Join as a Pilot
The Physical Standards for becoming a Pilot are as mentioned herewith. The elucidated details of the requisite physical standards are mentioned here:
- Leg Length: Minimum: 99 cms and Maximum: 120 cms
- Thigh Length: Maximum of 64 cms
- Sitting Height: Minimum: 81.50 cms and Maximum: 96 cms
Vision Standards for NDA Exam 2022
A selected candidate for NDA represents our country and bears plenty of duties and responsibilities. For an NDA applicant, it is crucially important to stand fit on medical requirements. One of the major important requirements is a medical test for vision standards. NDA medical test requirements for the vision are:
- The distance vision (corrected) should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye.
- Myopia of more than 2.5 D is not allowed.
- Hypermetropia more than 3.5 D including astigmatism is not allowed.
- Candidates applying for Indian Air Force must not wear spectacles.
Below are the visual standards for the Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A.||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||N.A.||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A.||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A.||N-5 each eye|
This covered everything you needed to know about the NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022. To get access to course resources customized to all students, go to BYJU’s Exam Prep website. Please contact us at BYJU’s Exam Prep if you have any additional questions. We hope you find this information helpful.
NDA Eligibility Criteria FAQs
What is the NDA eligibility criteria 2022?
It is essential for the candidates to get detailed knowledge of the NDA eligibility criteria 2022 and ensure satisfying all the criteria to be able to proceed further in the selection process. The details of the NDA eligibility criteria are segregated into many stages such as Nationality, Age Limit Criteria, Educational Qualification, Marital Status, Height, and Weight Standards, The candidates can check the detailed notification for the prescribed NDA eligibility criteria before filling in the apply online forms.
What is the marital status in accordance with the NDA eligibility criteria 2022?
Marital status plays a crucial role in NDA eligibility criteria, the candidate must satisfy the prescribed eligibility criteria to be able to get through the selection process. Only unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the NDA examination. According to the eligibility criteria of NDA only unmarried male and female aspirants aged between 16.5 – 19.5 are eligible to apply for the NDA exam. For a detailed list of rules check the list mentioned below-
- Only unmarried male & female candidates can apply for the NDA examination.
- Candidates should not marry until they complete their training in the Academy.
- The candidate who marries during the training will be discharged and have to refund all expenditure spent on him by the government of India.
What is the NDA age limit criteria 2022?
It is essential for the candidates to satisfy and fulfill every eligibility criteria for advancing further in the recruitment process. The age of the aspirant must be between 16.5-19.5 years to apply for the NDA exam. The candidate must have not been born earlier than 02nd January 2003 and not later than 01 January 2006.
What is the educational qualification for required according to the NDA eligibility criteria?
NDA consists of three sections- Army, Air Force, and Navy. Each of them requires different specialties as each of them differs from the other. Educational qualification for NDA aspirants are as follows-
- For Army: The aspirant must be appearing or passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board
- For Air Force & Navy: Candidate must be appearing or cleared his class 12 or equivalent examination with Maths and Physics
What is the visual standard to apply for NDA 2022 exam?
A selected candidate of NDA represents our country and bears plenty of duties and responsibilities. For an NDA applicant, it is crucially important to stand fit on medical requirements. One of the major important requirements is a medical test for vision standards. NDA medical test requirements for the vision are:
- The distance vision (corrected) should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye
- Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D
- Hypermetropia should not be more than 3.5 D including astigmatism
- Candidates who are applying for Air Force must not wear spectacles
Are female candidates eligible according to the NDA eligibility criteria?
Yes, female candidates can apply for the NDA exam, they are eligible if they fulfill all the prescribed criteria. But only unmarried females can apply for the NDA exam. It is prohibited to marry until they complete their training in the Academy. Also, the candidate who marries during the training will be discharged and have to refund all expenditure spent on him by the government of India.
Are NDA exam requirements for weight and height same for everyone?
NDA exam requirements for weight and height are almost the same for everyone. There are a few exceptions based on where a candidate is from. It is a must for a candidate to go through these details meticulously to serve any unprecedented flaw in your application.
In NDA exam, on what parameters India Army Physical test can be qualified?
To qualify for the NDA exam and join the Indian Army the candidate will be screened on the basis of various parameters such as height, weight, medical examination of diseases or deformities. Weight, height, and visual standards play an important role in NDA eligibility criteria.
What is the minimum height required according to the NDA eligibility criteria?
NDA height and weight parameters are primary requirements of the candidates that are necessary to be fulfilled and no relaxation will be given on this ground except the ones mentioned by them.157 cms is the minimum height for required male candidates (Note- for the Indian Air Force it is 162.5 cms) to apply for NDA.