NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023 will be released along with the official notification. There have been no significant changes in the eligibility parameters over the years except for the age limit. Candidates can check the NDA eligibility here, including various parameters such as educational qualification, NDA age limit, nationality, marital status, and physical and medical standards. The Union Public Service Commission sets it for those who applied for the upcoming exam. It is a must for every candidate to fulfill the prescribed age limit and other eligibility criteria before filling out the application form. Without that, their candidature might get canceled at any stage of the recruitment process.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023: According to the NDA eligibility 2023, female and male candidates who have completed their 12th or equivalent can apply for the exam. Before applying, interested male and female applicants must go through the detailed parameters carefully, which are provided here.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023 is one of the main aspects to go through before applying for the NDA Exam. The candidate must meet all the eligibility requirements to move further in the recruitment process. Both male and female candidates can apply for the exam after looking at the vacancies and whether they fulfill all eligible parameters or not. Those applicants who are not born earlier than 02 January 2004 or later than 01 January 2007 can apply for the exam as per NDA eligibility.
The candidates need to fulfill all the aforementioned NDA eligibility to proceed further with the selection process for the exam. Note that the candidates applying for the Navy and the Air Force might have different eligibility requirements than those for the Army.
Warriors Defence Academy is the Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow. We are the Leading Coaching Institute for NDA/CDS/AFCAT/Army/Air Force/Navy Located in Lucknow. Warriors Defence Academy has the Largest GTO Ground in India. The Aspirants of Defence Services are guided by Ex. Defence Officers. WDA was also Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lucknow.
Address: 545-GA/1-CHHA, Chandganj Garden Road, beside Madhuwan Guest house, near Railway crossing, Kapoorthla, Bara Chandganj, Chandralok, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226006
Call Now: 07081011964
NDA Age Limit
According to the NDA eligibility criteria, only unmarried male and female aspirants aged between 16.5 – 19.5 are eligible to apply for the exam. Those interested in applying for this exam must fall in the mentioned age range. Candidates exceeding the NDA age limit will not be considered eligible for the exam.
NDA age limit 2023 will be released with the official notification in December 2022. Here are the NDA exam age limit details for all candidates who wish to appear for the upcoming exam:
- The age limit of NDA aspirants must be between 16.5-19.5 years.
- The aspiring candidate must have not been born earlier than 02 January 2004 or later than 01 January 2007.
NDA Age Limit for Girls
The NDA age limit for girls is the same as that of male candidates. The official notification for the NDA 1 2023 will be released on 10 January 2023, according to which both male and female candidates who are unmarried and born between 02 January 2004 to 01 January 2007 are eligible to apply for the exam. “NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023“
NDA Eligibility for Female
After a petition filed by Kush Kalra in 2021, the Supreme Court of India passed an interim order to allow female candidates to apply for the exam. If you wish to know the NDA Eligibility for Female candidates, refer to the points listed below: “NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023“
- According to UPSC, the NDA eligibility for female candidates is the same as for male candidates.
- The Height, Weight, and Vision requirements for female candidates applying for the exam remain the same as for male candidates.
- The NDA qualification for females and marital status shall remain the same as for male candidates.
- The physical standard required for female candidates shall remain the same as for male candidates.
NDA Qualification: 12th Percentage & Marks
The NDA qualification required is different for candidates applying to the other army wings. Take a look at the detailed NDA eligibility criterion of educational qualification for candidates applying for the Army, Navy, and Air Force below:
|Wing||Required NDA Qualification|
|Army||Candidate must be appearing/pass Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.|
|Air Force & Naval wings of NDA and 10+2 Cadet entry scheme at INA||Candidate must be appearing/clear his class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics.|
NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria Note:
- Those who are appearing in Class 12 or equivalent examination can also apply for the exam.
- The candidates who are appearing in the Class 11 exam are not eligible to apply for the NDA examination.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023: Nationality
An applicant who is an Indian citizen is eligible to apply for the upcoming examination. Those who are not a citizen of India and still want to apply for the exam must meet the UPSC NDA eligibility criteria listed below:
The candidate applying for the exam must be either:
- A Citizen of India
- A Subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan, or,
- Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1 Jan. 1962, with the intention of permanent settlement.
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from the following countries with the intention of permanent settlement:
- Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire & Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Get a better overview of NDA eligibility by referring to the following table:
|Details||Can Apply or Not?|
|Citizen of India||Yes|
|Subject of Bhutan||Yes|
|Subject of Nepal||Yes|
|Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1 Jan 1962||Yes|
|Tibetan Refugee who came to India after 1 Jan 1962||No|
|Indian Origin citizen who migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka||Yes|
|Indian Origin citizen who migrated from Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire & Ethiopia, Vietnam||Yes|
|Indian Origin citizens who migrated from other countries in the world||No|
- The candidates must fulfill the NDA nationality criteria to be able to get through the recruitment process.
- It should be clear that the applicant who belongs to categories 2, 3, 4, and 5 must have a certificate of eligibility that has been issued by the Government of India.
- Gorkha applicants who are subjects of Nepal however, do not need to produce this certificate.
NDA Eligibility: Marital Status
Marital status plays a crucial role in NDA eligibility criteria. Only unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the examination. For a detailed list of rules check the list mentioned below:
- Only unmarried male & female candidates are allowed to apply for the exam.
- All candidates who pass the exam are not allowed to marry until they complete their training in the Academy.
- The candidate who marries during the training period will be discharged and will have to refund all the expenditure spent on them by the Government of India.
NDA Physical Eligibility
Physical Fitness is an important NDA eligibility criterion for the exam based on which candidates are shortlisted. The candidates must be medically fit to get through the selection process and closer to their dreams.
It is recommended that they go for a detailed medical examination before submitting their application. Here are the guidelines for Physical Test requirements based on NDA Eligibility:
- The applicant must have good physical and mental health and should be free from diseases and disabilities.
- The candidates are advised to rectify minor defects/ailments.
- Permanent body tattoos are only allowed from the wrist to the inside of the elbow and on the hand’s backside. Tattoos on any other body part are not acceptable.
- The NDA eligibility criteria for candidates belonging to tribes who have tattoos/marks on the face/body as part of their customs/traditions allow them relaxation. Such candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam on a special-case basis.
- The chest should not be less than 81 cm after full expansion. The expansion of the chest after full inspiration should be more than 5 cm. An X-ray of the chest will be taken to examine any kind of disease.
- Bones/Joints should not be impaired in any function. These should be developed properly.
- As per the NDA eligibility 2023, the candidate should not have any history of mental breakdown/fits.
- Un-operated Hernia will lead to disqualification. In the case of an operated Hernia, it should be operated on 1 year before the final medical examination.
- The Liver and Spleen of the candidate should be of normal size.
- The hearing should be normal. The candidate should be able to hear a whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cm. There should not be any disease of the ear, nose, and throat.
- Blood Pressure should be normal.
- There should not be any functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels.
- There should be no hydrocele, varicocele or piles, or any kind of skin disease.
- Any kind of disease of the internal organs of the abdomen will lead to disqualification.
- Examination of urine will also be done, and any abnormality, if found, will lead to disqualification.
- The applicant should have a sufficient number of natural and sound teeth. There should be a minimum of 14 dental points.
- USG abdomen examination will be performed, and any congenital structural anomaly will lead to disqualification.
- NDA eligibility states that the candidate should not be of a weak constitution or overweight/underweight.
NDA Height Weight and Chest Standards
Height and weight play a major role in the eligibility criteria for NDA. The candidate who is applying for the defence exam must be physically fit. NDA height and weight parameters are primary requirements of the candidates that are necessary to be fulfilled and no relaxation will be given on this ground except the ones mentioned by them. The NDA eligibility criteria for height and weight requirements are mentioned below in detail for different posts. “NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023“
NDA Height & Weight for Army and Air Force
Take a look at the detailed requirements of the NDA height and weight to get complete knowledge of the eligibility criteria.
- The minimum height required is 157 cms (Note for the Indian Air Force it is 162.5 cms).
- There are certain exceptions for candidates based on the region from which they belong.
|Height (in cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
- For Gorkhas and the candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern parts of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum height requirement is 5 cm less than the figure mentioned above.
- According to the NDA eligibility 2023, there is a relaxation of 2 cms for the candidates belonging to Lakshadweep. “NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023“
NDA Height and Weight for Navy
Take a look at the NDA height and weight requirements for the Indian Navy for an elaborate knowledge of the eligibility criteria:
|Height (In cms)||Weight (in kgs)|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
NDA Eligibility 2023 for Pilot
The NDA physical standards for becoming a Pilot are slightly different than candidates applying for other posts. The elucidated details of NDA eligibility 2023 physical standards are mentioned here: NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023
- Leg Length: Minimum: 99 cms and Maximum: 120 cms
- Thigh Length: Maximum of 64 cms
- Sitting Height: Minimum – 81.50 cms and Maximum – 96 cms
NDA Eligibility Vision Standards
A selected candidate for NDA represents our country and bears plenty of duties and responsibilities. For an applicant, it is crucially important to stand fit medical requirements. One of the major important NDA eligibility 2023 requirements is a medical test for vision standards. NDA medical test requirements for vision are:
- The distance vision (corrected) should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye.
- Myopia of more than 2.5 D is not allowed.
- Hypermetropia more than 3.5 D including astigmatism is not allowed.
- Candidates applying for Indian Air Force must not wear spectacles.
Below are the visual standards for the Indian Navy and Indian Air Force as per the official NDA eligibility criteria: “NDA Eligibility Criteria 2023“
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A.||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||N.A.||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A.||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A.||N-5 each eye|
FAQs on NDA Eligibility
What is NDA eligibility in 2023?
It is essential for the candidates to get detailed knowledge of the NDA eligibility criteria 2023 and ensure satisfying all the parameters to be able to proceed further in the selection process. The details of the criteria are segregated into many stages such as nationality, NDA age limit criteria, educational qualification, marital status, height, and weight standards. The candidates can check the detailed notification for the prescribed NDA eligibility before filling in the application forms.
When will UPSC release the NDA eligibility 2023 criteria?
What is the NDA age limit?
What is the marital status in accordance with the NDA eligibility criteria?
What is the minimum NDA qualification required to apply for the exam?
What are the visual standards as per NDA eligibility 2023?
Are female candidates eligible according to the NDA eligibility criteria?
Are NDA eligibility for height and weight the same for everyone?
What are the parameters to qualify India Army Physical test based on NDA eligibility?
What is the minimum height required according to the NDA eligibility criteria?
What is the NDA eligibility for Female candidates?
Can the 10th pass apply for the NDA exam?