NAVAL COPTERS TO GET WEAPONS; NEW MACHINE GUNS FOR THE ARMY
The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), at its meeting today, okayed the “need to procure” weapons for the newly acquired naval helicopters, a new set of light machine guns and a new electronic warfare suite for the Indian Air Force’s Mi17-V5 copters.
The “need to procure” is termed as acceptance of necessity (AoN) of the said equipment. The AON is the first step in the acquisition process of the MoD and is like a green light to the forces to frame the tenders for procurement. The DAC is chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. NAVAL COPTERS TO GET WEAPONS
- Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2024 | All Your Need to Know
- Difference Between the NDA and CDS – Eligibility, Selection Process, Salary, and Beyond
- Last 1-Month Strategy for NDA 2024: Proven Preparation Tips
- Which Time is Effective to Study for the NDA?
- List Of Rivers In India: Unveiling Lengths, Origins, and Tributaries￼
Electronic Warfare Suite On Mi-17-V5
- Procurement and installation of electronic warfare (EW) suite on Mi-17-V5 helicopters will enhance combat survivability
- EW suite will be procured from Bharat Electronics Ltd, a public sector enterprise under MoD. IAF has about 130 Mi17-V5
- Procurement of a 7.62×51 mm light machine gun and bridge-laying tank will enhance the capabilities of infantry and mechanised forces
- Acquisition proposals, amounting to Rs 7,800 crore, have been accorded an AoN, the Ministry of Defence said. NAVAL COPTERS TO GET WEAPONS
DAC has granted AoN to procure weapons for the MH-60R helicopters of the Navy procured from US company Lockheed Martin. These copters are anti-submarine warfare enabled and have the ability to track submarines. The weapons could add an edge to the copters that fly off the deck of Indian warships. NAVAL COPTERS TO GET WEAPONS
The DAC okayed the procurement and installation of an electronic warfare (EW) suite on Mi-17-V5 helicopters to enhance their survivability in a combat scenario. The EW suite will be procured from Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a public sector enterprise under the MoD. The IAF operates about 130 Mi17-V5 helicopters. NAVAL COPTERS TO GET WEAPONS
The DAC has accorded AoN for procurement of a ground-based autonomous system for mechanised infantry and armoured regiments which will enable various operations such as unmanned surveillance and logistic delivery of ammunition. Also, proposals for the procurement of a 7.62×51 mm light machine gun (LMG) and bridge laying tank (BLT) have also been given a go-ahead by the DAC, which also approved ruggedized laptops and tablets for the Army. NAVAL COPTERS TO GET WEAPONS
Warriors Defence Academy Lucknow
Warriors Defence Academy is the Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow. We are the Leading Coaching Institute for NDA/CDS/AFCAT/Army/Air Force/Navy Located in Lucknow. Warriors Defence Academy has the Largest GTO Ground in India. The Aspirants of Defence Services are guided by Ex. Defence Officers. WDA was also Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lko.
- We have complete facilities to Prepare you for the Defence Exam…
- Faculty – Some of the best names in the field of Defence career coaching are available to impart psychology, GTO and interview training.
- Infrastructure – State of the Art infrastructure facility for indoor-outdoor coaching.
- Fees – Competitive fee structures have been devised to allow deserving candidates from every strata of society to get an opportunity to avail coaching facility.
- Computer-aided coaching for NDA/CDS written test
- Expert coaching in Personality Development, Leadership, Team Building and Soft Skills Specialized coaching for GTO tasks.
- SSB Interview guidance for TGC, NDA, TES, CDSE, SSC
- Outdoor task training
- Proficiency in Group Discussions
- Personal attention and grooming