INDIAN MINISTRY OF DEFENCE ORDERS A HIGH-LEVEL INQUIRY INTO THE ACCIDENTAL FIRING OF A MISSILE THAT BREACHED PAKISTANI AIRSPACE ON MARCH 9
The Indian Ministry of Defence has ordered a high-level inquiry into the accidental firing of a missile that breached Pakistani airspace and landed near Mian Chunnu City in Pakistan’s Punjab province. The incident, caused by a technical malfunction, occurred around 6:50 p.m. on March 9, when the high-speed projectile travelled 124 kilometres into Pakistani airspace.
In a statement issued on March 11, the Indian Ministry of Defence stated: “On 9 March 2022, in the course of routine maintenance, a technical malfunction led to the accidental firing of a missile. The Government of India has taken a serious view and ordered a high-level Court of Enquiry.”
In a media briefing on March 10, Major General Babar Iftikhar, Director-General of the Inter-Service Public Relations (ISPR) of Pakistan, stated: “At 6.43 p.m., a high-speed flying object was picked up inside the Indian territory by the Air Defence Operation Centre of the Pakistan Air Force. From its initial course, the object suddenly manoeuvred towards the Pakistani territory and violated Pakistan’s airspace ultimately falling near Mian Channu at 6.50 p.m. When it fell it also damaged some civilian property. Thankfully no loss or injury to human life was caused.”
It was reported by the news agency PTI that Pakistan had summoned India’s Charge d’Affaires in Islamabad on March 11 and conveyed its strong protest over the alleged unprovoked violation of its airspace by an Indian-origin “super-sonic flying object” and sought a thorough and transparent investigation into the incident that could have resulted in a serious aviation accident.
The PTI report quoted the Pakistani Foreign Office statement which alleged that an Indian-origin “super-sonic flying object” had entered Pakistan from Suratgarh in India at 6:43 p.m. (local time) on March 9.
- Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2024 | All Your Need to Know
- Difference Between the NDA and CDS – Eligibility, Selection Process, Salary, and Beyond
- Last 1-Month Strategy for NDA 2024: Proven Preparation Tips
- Which Time is Effective to Study for the NDA?
- List Of Rivers In India: Unveiling Lengths, Origins, and Tributaries￼
The Indian Ministry of Defence statement added: “It is learnt that the missile landed in an area of Pakistan. While the incident is deeply regrettable, it is also a matter of relief that there has been no loss of life due to the accident.”
Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Top NDA Coaching in India
INDIAN MINISTRY OF DEFENCE ORDERS: Warriors Defence Academy is the Best NDA Coaching in Lko. We are the Leading Coaching Institute for NDA/CDS/AFCAT/Army/Air Force/Navy Located in Lucknow. Warriors Defence Academy has the Largest GTO Ground in India. The Aspirants of Defence Services are guided by Ex. Defence Officers. WDA was also Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lko.
- We have complete facilities to Prepare you for Defence Exam…
- Faculty – Some of the best names in the field of Defence career coaching are available to impart psychology, GTO and interview training.
- Infrastructure – State of the Art infrastructure facility for indoor-outdoor coaching.
- Fees – Competitive fee structures have been devised to allow deserving candidates from every strata of society to get an opportunity to avail of a coaching facility.
- Computer-aided coaching for NDA/CDS written test
- Expert coaching in Personality Development, Leadership, Team Building and Soft Skills Specialized coaching for GTO tasks.
- SSB Interview guidance for TGC, NDA, TES, CDSE, SSC
- Outdoor task training
- Proficiency in Group Discussions
- Personal attention and grooming
545-GA/1-CHHA, Chandganj Garden Road, beside Madhuwan Guest house, near Railway crossing, Kapoorthla, Bara Chandganj, Chandralok, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226006