Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow India | Top Defence Academy in India | Warriors Defence Academy
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2021: Age Limit, Registration (Starts), Educational Qualification & Physical Standards
National Defence Academy or NDA exam is conducted twice every year to recruit new cadets for the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. During preparation for the written test, candidates should download the previous years’ papers of the NDA Exam along with the answer keys.
The Application process for NDA II 2021 is expected to be released on June 09, 2021, and the deadline for application form submission and application fee payment is June 29, 2021.
- Best NDA Coaching in India | Warriors Defence Academy
- Three Hoysala Temples on UNESCO Heritage list | Warriors Defence Academy
- GLOBAL MARITIME SUMMIT WOULD PUSH INVESTMENTS | Warriors Defence Academy
- AFCAT-2 2023 Written Result Declared – Check Here Now!
- NDA Exam Pattern | Warriors Defence Academy
For NDA II 2021, the aspirants have to meet certain educational as well as physical eligibility criteria. Aspirants planning to take the NDA 2 2021 exam, must ensure that they satisfy all the NDA eligibility criteria before they proceed to fill up the NDA 2 2020 application form. APPLY NOW CHECK ELIGIBILITYGET UPDATES
If the syllabus is not completed and its exam time; candidates can refer to NDA study materials in which all important topics are discussed in summarized form. In this way, candidates will not have to refer to multiple books and they can complete the syllabus in a short period of time. Nationality
NDA Eligibility: Nationality
All the candidates need to meet the criteria with regard to nationality to be eligible for application. To be eligible for NDA 2020, a candidate must be either one of the following:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who moved to India, before January 1, 1962, with the intention of settling here permanently
- A PIO (Person of Indian origin) is someone who has migrated from the countries specified below, with the intention of permanently settling in India. The nationals from the following countries would fall under this category such as Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam.
|Note: It must be noted that all foreign nationals are required to produce a certificate of NDA eligibility criteria that has been issued by the Government of India. This certificate will however not be needed in the case of those candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.|
NDA Eligibility: Age Limit and Marital Status
To know detailed information about the age limit of the NDA exam, go through the following table:
|Age Limit||Age (years)|
|Minimum Age||15.7 years (not later than 1st January 2005)/ 16 years during the commencement of the course|
|Maximum Age||18.7 years (not earlier than 2nd January 2002)/ 19 years during the commencement of the course|
- It should be clearly noted that only unmarried male candidates, who are not born earlier than July 2, 2002, and not later than July 1, 2005, are eligible to appear for NDA 1 Exam.
- For NDA 2 2021, candidates must be born between January 2, 2003, and January 1, 2006.
- Married candidates and female candidates are ineligible to apply for NDA Exam.
- The date of birth mentioned in the application must be the same as that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- In short, candidates should be between the age of 16.5 years and 19.5 years to be eligible for the exam.
|Note: Any candidate who has been selected after qualifying for the exam has to undertake not to marry for the duration of the training. Failure to observe this condition would cause the debarment of the candidate from NDA. Additionally, any charge incurred on him by the government is required to be refunded.|
NDA Eligibility: Educational Qualification
The academic qualifications vary slightly according to the post that the candidate has applied for. The details of educational qualifications for different posts are specified below:
APPLY NOW CHECK ELIGIBILITY GET UPDATES
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: Pass certificate in 10+2 exams via a recognized board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Candidates should have passed the Class 12th exam in the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- It must be noted that candidates studying in Class 11 are not eligible for appearing in NDA 2020 1 or 2.
- Those candidates who have failed INSB / PABT earlier will not be considered eligible for recruitment in the Air Force.
- Those candidates, who are currently studying in Class 12 at the time of application, must submit proof of passing the exam by the deadline. Requests for extending the due date would not be entertained on any grounds.
- It must also be noted that the candidates who have been debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services will be considered ineligible for admission to the exam.
NDA Eligibility: Physical Fitness
There are certain requirements pertaining to physical fitness or features that must be fulfilled by the candidate at the time of submitting the NDA Application forms.
- The NDA eligibility criteria would vary slightly according to the post for which the candidate is applying.
- It must be understood that if a candidate has resigned or withdrawn from any of the training academies of the Armed Forces, on disciplinary grounds, he will not be considered eligible to apply for NDA 2020.
The required physical criteria are listed below.
Undesirable Health Issues
The candidate must not be suffering from any of these minor conditions at the time of medical examination –
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
Case of Body Tattoos – NDA Coaching in Lucknow
- The candidate must ensure that any permanent body tattoos are present only on the inner side of the forearm.
- Under no circumstances will UPSC accept tattoos on the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of the palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand.
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are also not acceptable.
- In case the candidate happens to belong to a tribe where it is customary to have tattoo marks on the face or body, acceptance will be granted on a case-to-case basis, considering the traditions involved. The decision of authorities would be final in such instances.
Height and Weight Requirements for Army and Air Force
- Candidates must note that the minimum height measurement specified is 157 cm (162.5 cm for Air Force).
- For Gorkhas and those belonging to hills of the North-Eastern areas of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum height will be 5 cm less than the usual figure.
- On the other hand, for candidates belonging to the Lakshadweep islands, the minimum height standard may be reduced by 2 cm.
The details in this regard are discussed below.
|Height in cm||Weight in Kg|
|–||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height and Weight Requirements for Navy – NDA Coaching in Lucknow
The standards are different for Navy posts and the particulars are summarized below:
|Height in cm||Weight in Kg|
|–||16 years||18 years||20 years|
In case the candidate wishes to be a pilot in the Air Force, the following requirements will have to be kept in mind, due to the constraints of the flying vehicle:
- Leg Length: Minimum of 99 cms and Maximum of 120 cms
- Thigh Length: Minimum is not applicable while Maximum of 64 cms
- Sitting Height: Minimum of 81.50 cm and Maximum of 96 cms
The presence of any of these conditions will disqualify the candidate immediately:
- The granulomatous disease of the spine
- Arthritis/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders / Ankylosing spondylitis / Osteoarthritis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disease / Non-articular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago, etc.) & Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis.
- Compression fracture of vertebrae.
- SC Heuer man’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of the cervical spine.
- Unilateral / Bilateral cervical ribs with demon stable neurological or circulatory deficit.
- Scoliosis is more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s method.
- Degenerative Disc. Disease.
- Presence of Schmorl’s nodes at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies.
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in the cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in the cervical or dorsal spine.
- Unilateral Sacralisation or summarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralization or lubrication.
Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist.
X-Ray Exam – NDA Coaching in Lucknow
There will be a separate presence of any of the following conditions that will disqualify the applicant for posts in the Armed Forces:
- The granulomatous disease of the spine.
- Scoliosis is more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degrees for Army and Navy).
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Spondylolisthesis / Spondylosis / Spondylolysis
- Herniated nucleus pulposus.
- Compression fracture of the Vertebra.
- Sacralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit.
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies.
- Incomplete Sacralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spina Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
Visual Standards – NDA Coaching in Lucknow
- The distance vision (corrected) of the candidate should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye.
- Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not be more than 3.5 D, including Astigmatism.
- It must be remembered that an internal examination of the eye will be done by means of an ophthalmoscope to rule out any possibility of eye diseases.
- Candidates must possess good binocular vision. The colour vision standard for the Army is (CP-III).
- The ability to recognize red and green colours is vital.
- A certificate that neither the candidate nor any member of his family has suffered from congenital night blindness, will have to be produced.
- Another noteworthy point is that candidates who have undergone Radial Keratotomy, to improve their visual acuity, or Laser Surgery, will be permanently rejected for all Services.
The details of eyesight levels for different posts are provided below:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A.||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||N.A.||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A.||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A.||N-5 each eye|
NDA Miscellaneous Conditions – NDA Coaching in Lucknow
|Vision standard for Army candidates|
|Distance Vision (Corrected)||Better Eye 6/6; Worse Eye 6/9|
|Colour vision||CP-III (Defective Safe).|
|Myopia should be less than -2.5D including astigmatism and manifest hypermetropia should be less than +3.5D including Astigmatism.|
NDA Eligibility: Miscellaneous Conditions
There are a few other physical conditions besides the above-mentioned criteria that candidates should fulfil. These criteria are specific to specific wings of defence forces. #NDA Coaching in Lucknow
- No symptoms of a weak constitution or bodily defects.
- A well-developed chest; a fully expanded chest should not be less than 81 cm. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cm.
- No mal-development or impairment of the function of the bones or joints.
- No past history of mental breakdown or fits.
- Normal hearing capabilities – Candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cm. in a quiet room.
- No impediment of speech.
- Normal Blood Pressure with no signs of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels.
- No enlargement of the liver or spleen.
- No abnormality in the urine examination
- No presence of any kind of skin disease, likely to cause disability or disfigurement
- No abnormalities in the USG abdomen examination
- A sufficient number of natural and sound teeth. A minimum of 14 dental points will be accepted.
- Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must fall within normal limits.
Who Are Not Eligible For Applying NDA 2020?
- If the aspirants are married, are not eligible to apply for the exam.
- If the candidates have withdrawn or resigned from the disciplinary grounds of training academies of armed forces, cannot apply for NDA 2020 exam.
- The aspirants, who have not cleared their PABT/CPSS exam, can’t apply for the Air Force exam.
- If the aspirants are debarred by the Defence Ministry, then the NDA exam is not for them
- Lastly, the 11th-standard pursuing students cannot apply for NDA 2020 exam.
NDA Eligibility FAQs
Ques: Which is the best stream to study for NDA?
Ques: What is the training period after NDA?
Ques: What are the minimum marks required for applying for NDA?
Ques: How many times can a candidate apply for the exam?