AFCAT Exam – Best Air force Coaching in Lucknow – Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
AFCAT Exam Dates, Fees, Eligibility & Notification
Warriors NDA Academy is Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lucknow. WDA is the best NDA Coaching in Lucknow India. We are the Leading NDA/CDS Coaching in Lucknow. When some of the most experienced defence career coaches gathered, The Warriors’ Defence Academy came into existence. We are a team of career coaching experts, who provide complete grooming to aspirants who appear for written examination for NDA and CDS and SSB interviews to become defence officers. AFCAT Exam
Warriors Defence Academy | Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Best Airforce Coaching in Lucknow | Best Defence Coaching in Lucknow India.
Address: 545-GA/1-CHHA, beside Madhuwan Guest house Chandganj Near Railway Crossing, Kapoorthla, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226006
About AFCAT Exam-
The Air Force common admission test (AFCAT) is conducted by the Indian Air force for the selection of Class-1 Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duties (Technical and Non-Technical). The exam is organized twice a year, in February and August/September. And millions of candidates participate in this exam and wish to join the recognized Indian Air Force Academy and become the Indian Air Force Officer.
This exam is the opportunity for both male and female candidates who aspire to be a part of the Indian Air Force for serving Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Ground Branch for both Short Service Commission and Permanent Commission.
Selection process summary –
The selection process consists of 2 stages:
- Online Exam
- Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) interview.
Candidates interested in going for Ground Duty (Technical) have to give both AFCAT as well as Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
|Managing Body||Indian Air Force|
|Purpose||Recruitment of Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying Branch for short service commission only and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) for both Permanent and Short Service Commission|
|How any Times Exam is conducted?||Twice a year|
|Indian Air Force Head Quarters||New Delhi|
|The current chief of Indian Air Force||Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria|
Indian Air Force (IAF) prepares the list of candidates who qualify in the online AFCAT exam by obtaining the minimum qualifying score and are called at one of the Air Force Selection Boards for the interview located at Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar, and Mysuru. This phase is followed by a medical test and then the final merit list is made.
The mode of the exam is an online Computer Based Test and the medium of the exam is English only. AFCAT Exam is a national-level online exam and holds primary importance. Its official website is www.afcat.cdac.in. The application form has to be filled and submitted in the online mode only. Being a part of the Indian Air Force will be a glorifying experience and pride and an honour in itself.
AFCAT (2) Notification/News-
The AFCAT (2) notification was released on June 1, 2021, for the recruitment of 334 vacancies. And AFCAT (first) was conducted in February 2021. Indian Air Force has announced the official notification to select the Indian citizens (both Male and Females) in the elite force as Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical).
The Detailed Notification contains everything such as vacancies, eligibility criteria, Type of Commission (Short service commission and Permanent Commission), Exam Pattern, Selection Process, Application Process.
Read below to know detailed Information about AFCAT 2021 Notification
|Events||AFCAT 1 Dates||AFCAT 2 Dates|
|Release of AFCAT Detailed Notification 2021||1st December 2020||1st June 2021|
|Online Registration Starts||1st December 2021||1st June 2021|
|Online Application Ends on||11th January 2021||30th June 2021|
|AFCAT 2021 Admit Card||05th February 2021||August 2021|
|AFCAT 2021 Exam Date||February 20, 21 and 22||August 28,29 and 30|
|Declaration of Result||March 2021||October 2021|
Indian Air force had set out AFCAT (ll) 2021 Application correction Form window on July 26, 2021. Candidates can edit the details in the form till 5 pm on 28th July. Candidates just need to log in with their credentials and do the corrections, if they made any mistakes.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Dates-
As per the latest update, AFCAT 2021 (second) Exam will be held on August 28, 29, and 30, 2021. And AFCAT 2021 (first) Exam was held on February 20, 21, and 22, 2021.
|Exam 2021||AFCAT (1)||AFCAT (2)|
|Online Exam Dates||20th Feb. 202121st Feb. 202122nd Feb 2021||28th Aug 202129th Aug. 202130th Aug. 2021|
|Declaration of Result||9th March 2021||October 2021|
The exact date of the AFCAT (2) result has not been out. Candidates are advised to check the Chegg website regularly or check it on the official website of AFCAT https://afcat.cdac.in.
AFCAT Application Fee-
Candidates who fill the application form of AFCAT 2021 have to pay the registration fee online through a Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking after filling the form. The Registration Fee to be paid is discussed below.
The fee is the same for all the categories
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria-
The candidates must fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for AFCAT Exam 2021.
The candidate must hold the citizenship of India as a per of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955.
Age Limit differs according to the branch:
- For Flying Branch: The age of the candidates should be between 20-24 years as of January 1, 2021. They must be born between January 2, 1998, and January 1, 2002.
- For Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical Branch): 20-26 years as of January 1, 2021. They should be born between January 2, 1996, and January 1, 2002.
- Candidates must be unmarried
- Widow/Widowers and Divorcees below 25 years of age are not eligible.
It is mandatory to opt for Maths and Physics in 12th Std. and obtain a minimum of 50% marks each in both of them and Graduation with a minimum three years degree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or a 4-year BE/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university or the Candidates who have passed Sections A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university.
Ground Duty (Technical Branch):
- Candidates having the degree of Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) AE (L) and have obtained 50% marks each in Physics and Maths in their 12th STD. And have completed a minimum of four years degree graduation/Integrated Post graduation in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university.
- Passed Sections A and B by Actual Studies of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers with 60 per cent in the relevant disciplines notified by the examination authority.
- Candidates having the degree of Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) AE(M) and have attained 50% marks each in Physics and Maths in 10+2 Level and a four years degree graduation/Integrated Post graduation in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university.
- Cleared Sections A & B examination by actual studies of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with a minimum of 60% marks in the relevant disciplines notified by IAF authority
Ground Duty (Non -Technical Branch):
(a) Administration and Logistics–
Passed in 12th STD and have completed graduation with a minimum 3 years degree course in any discipline from a recognized university and have attained a minimum of 60% marks.
(b) Education Department:
Completed MBA/MCA or MA/M.Sc in English/Physics/Mathematics/Chemistry/Statistics/International Relations/International Studies/Psychology/Defense Studies/IT/Management/Journalism/Science/Mass Communication with a minimum 50% marks in their degree
B.Com Graduate with minimum 60% marks.
Also, the candidates need to be physically and mentally fit
AFCAT 2021 Vacancies-
Indian Air Force has announced a total of 334 vacancies for AFCAT (ll) 2021 along with the notification. Before that total of 235 vacancies were set out for AFCAT (l) 2021 for different branches of AFCAT. And there is no intake of women in Ground Duty (Non-Technical Branch).
Also, 10% seats out of Combined Defense Service Exam (CDSE) are reserved for Permanent Commission (PC) and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for Short Service Commission (SSC) are reserved for the NCC Special Entry Flying Branch. The Bifurcation of branch-wise vacancies is given below.
|Ground Duty (Technical)||AE(L): PC-20,SSC-78AE (M): PC-08,SSC-31|
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)||Admin: PC-10,SSC-42Edn: PC-04, SSC-17|
|Meteorology Entry||PC-06, SSC-22|
AFCAT 2021 Salary-
During the period of training, candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 56,100. And the tenure of training is 1 year. After the successful completion of training the payment will be according to the following method:
Salary fixed in level 10 pay matrix: 7th Pay Commission- 56,100-1,77,500
And the salary in-hand branch wise is given according to following
|Flying Officer||INR 85,372||INR 11,250 per month|
|Ground Duty (Technical)||INR 74,872||INR 25,00 per month|
|Ground Duty (Non-Technical)||INR 71,872|
In addition to the above Military Service Pay of Rs.15,500 per month is also included. Officers also receive other allowances such as TA, DA, Children Education Allowance, etc.
Along with the salary and allowances, there are other additional benefits given to IAF officers.
- Fully Furnished accommodation
- Leave Travel Concessions
- Loans at subsidized rates
- Medical cover
- Recreational and Sports Facilities
- Leave Travel Concessions
AFCAT 2021 Syllabus-
AFCAT 2021 online test includes the numerical ability questions of matriculation level and if we talk about other sections questions will be of graduation level.
There will be questions from Comprehension, cloze Test, synonym and antonym, idioms and phrases, error spotting.
There will be questions from History, Geography, Political Science, current affairs, Defense-related questions, general science, miscellaneous.
Reasoning and Military Aptitude-
This subject will comprise questions from Series, Venn Diagrams, Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning, spatial ability, Syllogism, Blood Relations, etc.
This subject can ask questions from Time and Work, Profit and Loss, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Speed Distance and Time, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, etc.
It is for the candidates applying for Ground duty Technical Branch, there will be questions from Fundamental, Specialized, and Allied Engineering Topics in all the three sections of the Exam.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Pattern-
- The exam will be the objective type where a Total of 100 MCQ questions will be asked. If applying for Technical Branch EKT, there will be a Total of 50 MCQ questions
- There will be four sections- Numerical Ability, Reasoning, and Military Aptitude Test, Verbal Ability, and General Awareness.
- For EKT, Three sections will be there- Mechanical, Electronics, and Computer Science.
- Total marks for AFCAT will be 300 and for EKT, it will be 150.
- There will be a penalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer and three marks will be given for the correct answer
- The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours for AFCAT and 45 minutes for EKT.
Structure of AFCAT and EKT Exam Pattern
|Exam Time||2 Hours||45 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+3 will be rewarded for each correct answer-1 will be deducted for every wrong answerNo marks are allotted to the un-attempted question||+3 will be rewarded for each correct answer-1 will be deducted for every wrong answerNo marks are allotted to the un-attempted question|
|Number of Sections||Verbal AbilityNumerical AbilityGeneral AwarenessReasoning and Military Aptitude||MechanicalComputer ScienceElectronics|
Candidates qualifying in the online exam of AFCAT will be called AFSB Interview which is organized in the following stages:
Officer Intelligence Test along with Picture Perception and Discussion Test. All the candidates qualifying in this stage have to subsequently go for the documentation check to ensure that they are eligible for the branch they have applied for.
After the monitoring of documents, there will be Psychological tests along with Group Tests and Interviews
There will be a computerized pilot selection system CPSS for the recommended candidates in the Flying Branch only.
AFCAT 2021 Admit Card-
AFCAT (first) admit card was released on 5th February 2021, but second AFCAT admit card will be released soon at the official website of the Indian Air Force. The following steps need to be followed for downloading the admit card:
- Go to the official website www.afcat.cdac.in, and there on the homepage you will find the link of AFCAT 2 admit card 2021
- Click on the link and the login page will appear, put your login credential there
- Click on Submit
- A new page will arise, giving the AFCAT admit card 2021.
- Save and Download the admit card.
AFCAT 2021 Result-
The first AFCAT result was declared on 9th March 2021. AFCAT (ll) result is likely to be announced in September. AFCAT Exam
- Candidates need to visit the official website to access the result.
- To see the result, you need to enter the registration number and password
- There will be a particular cutoff for the online exam, candidates who will clear the cutoff will be considered as qualified in the online exam and will be called for Air Force Selection Board Interview (AFSB) AFCAT Exam
- Then the final merit list will be made according to the marks achieved in the online exam as well as the Interview.
How To Apply For AFCAT 2021-
AFCAT ( 2nd) Application Form Correction window was opened from July 26-28, 2021 at the official website of the Indian Air Force. The Registration was started on June 01 and the last date was 30th June 2021. The following steps need to be followed for filling out the online application form. AFCAT Exam
Step 1: AFCAT 2021 Registration
- Visit the website of IAF
- Click on ‘Candidate login’ on the home page
- However, the new page appears.
- Additionally, Fill in your name, parents name, email id, mobile no. etc on the registration page.
- After filling in all the details, click on submit
- Hence, the new AFCAT registration ID will be created and also, will provide you with the password via email id. AFCAT Exam
Step 2: Online Application Form Filling
- Candidates have to log in now with their registration ID and password
- Fill in the details according to the directions given
- Give the preferences for the type of Entry AFCAT, NCC Special Entry, preference for AFCAT branch, exam center, etc.
- Upload the photo and signature ( according to the size dimensions as instructed)
- Lastly, click on submit. AFCAT Exam
Step3: Payment of Application Fee
- After the filling of application form, pay the exam fee of 250 Rs by clicking on the ‘ Make Payment’ step in the menu
- Moreover, the system of fee payment is only through the online method.
- After doing the successful payment, candidates will receive the confirmation of payment on their registered mail Id and mobile number. AFCAT Exam
Check Out Other Police Exams :
- Best NDA Coaching in India | Warriors Defence Academy
- Three Hoysala Temples on UNESCO Heritage list | Warriors Defence Academy
- GLOBAL MARITIME SUMMIT WOULD PUSH INVESTMENTS | Warriors Defence Academy
- AFCAT-2 2023 Written Result Declared – Check Here Now!
- NDA Exam Pattern | Warriors Defence Academy
Q. Are our Maths and Physics mandatory for applying in AFCAT Flying Branch?
Yes, Maths and Physics subjects should be opted in 12th STD, for appearing in AFCAT Flying Branch Exam.
Q. What is the salary after qualifying for AFCAT?
The candidates will get a basic salary of Rs. 56,100 at the time of training. But after the successful completion of training their pay scale will lie in the range of 56,100-1,10,700.
Q. Can a candidate other than an engineering background be eligible to apply?
Yes, A candidate can apply for Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branch.
Q. What is the age limit for AFCAT?
The age limit for AFCAT flying branch is 20-24 years. And for Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) 20-26 years.
Q. What are the registration fees for AFCAT?
The fee is Rs. 250 for all the categories.
Q. Can I edit the details filled in the Application Form?
Yes, you can edit the details. The application form correction window opened from July 26-28.
Q. What will be the difficulty level of the exam?
The level of questions is tough. However, competition is quite tough as there are millions of aspirants.
Q. How many vacancies are there in the second AFCAT 2021 Exam?
The total vacancy in the second AFCAT exam 2021 is 334.
Q. How many attempts a candidate can give for AFCAT Exam?
There is no limit. But you just need to be within the age limit.
Q. When is the cut-off of the second AFCAT be release?
It will be notified in September along with the result.
Q. Is there any sectional cutoff in AFCAT Exam?
No, there is no sectional cutoff. You need to clear the overall cutoff to qualify for the interview.