Top NDA Coaching in India | Best NDA Coaching in India
NDA Eligibility 2022: Check age limit, educational qualifications and other details here
Looking for details on NDA Eligibility? Get to know the age limit, educational qualifications, and a number of attempts along with other details.
Are you aware of NDA eligibility? Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts NDA/NA exam twice every year to recruit eligible and interested candidates to train in the prestigious National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy to serve as officers in the Indian Armed Forces later. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for UPSC NDA/NA Exam should have all the knowledge about NDA eligibility criteria. Candidates who do not fulfil the eligibility criteria will not be selected and their candidature will be cancelled. The details related to the NDA Eligibility and exam are as follows:
- NDA 1 2022 notification has been released by UPSC’s official website on 22nd December 2021.
- There is a total of 400 vacancies for Males and Females in this NDA exam.
- The exam is scheduled to be held on 10 th of April 2022.
- The NDA eligibility for male and female candidates is clearly defined in the official notification.
- The eligibility has broad dimensions like – nationality., age limit, number of attempts.
Thus, candidates should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria. In this article, we have explained all the details regarding UPSC NDA eligibility criteria for the benefit of male and female candidates alike. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, you can check out our NDA Achievers Batch 2022:
Free Online Classes
Register here for Free Online Classes Select Course NDA SSC Lekhpal UP Police Constable School Digital Marketing
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022
UPSC NDA eligibility criteria for males and females are defined under the following categories:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
- Physical Parameters
The details of each of the above are given below.
If you are looking for the best study material for NDA/NA Exam, then click here: UPSC NDA Study Material
NDA Eligibility: Nationality
A candidate must be
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee permanently settled in India from and before January 1, 1962.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Zambia, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- It should be clear that the applicant who belongs to categories 2,3,4, and 5 must have a Certificate of eligibility that has been issued by the Government of India.
- Gorkha applicants who are subjects of Nepal however, do not need to produce this certificate.
NDA 2022 Free Mock Test Series: Join Now
NDA Eligibility: Age Limit
The minimum age limit is that candidates should be 15.7 years/ 16 years of age during the commencement of the course and the maximum age limit is that candidates should be 18.7 years/19 years of age during the commencement of the course. There are no age relaxations provided to candidates in this exam.
That is He or she must have not been born earlier than 02nd January 2003 and not later than 01 January 2006.
NDA Eligibility: Educational Qualification
For Army, wing candidates should have studied up to 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For other forces, candidates should have studied up to 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Note – Candidates who will appear for the board exams this year are eligible to appear for the exam.
The education qualification for males and females is the same in NDA eligibility.
To know more about the UPSC NDA/NA exam pattern, Click Here!
NDA Eligibility: Marital Status
Only unmarried male/female candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Exam.
Other than the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, there are certain physical fitness standards that must be fulfilled by the candidates to be finally selected.
Candidates must note that NDA eligibility for males and females is the same, except for the physical criteria. For details related to expected physical criteria candidates must refer to the official notification by UPSC for all the details related to NDA eligibility.
UPSC NDA/NA (I) 2022: How To Prepare
Now that the official notification is out, all those candidates who are looking for expert guidance for NDA/NA Exam should join now: NDA Champion Batch 2022 and avail the following benefits:
- 200+ Hours Live Interactive Classes
- Study With Experienced Faculties (Selection Oriented)
- 180+ PDF Notes & study material
- Ask Doubts in Live Class & Solve unlimited doubts with Subject Matter Experts
- 100+ Topic Tests, Free Mock Tests, with weekly evaluations
- Never miss any class with 100% Recorded Backup
- 5000+ Questions to improve Speed & Accuracy
- Special Strategy, Q&A, and Counseling Sessions by Experts
- Regular Current Affairs Sessions
- NDA Champion Batch Study Plan
To know about NDA/NA preparation tips and tricks click here: NDA Preparation Tips and More.
UPSC NDA Eligibility 2022 FAQs
Q. What is the minimum age limit to apply for NDA Exam?
A. Candidate should be 15.7 years/ 16 years of age during the commencement of the course.
Q. Are female candidates eligible to apply for NDA Exam?
A. Yes female candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Exam.
Q. Are married candidates eligible to apply for NDA Exam?
A. No, only unmarried candidates can apply for NDA Exam.
Q. What is the maximum age limit to apply for NDA Exam?
A. Candidate should be 18.7 years/19 years of age during the commencement of the course.