NDA Male and Female Eligibility Criteria 2022 | Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
NDA 2022 will be conducted for the All India candidates whose desire is to join the Warriors Defence Academy. Through NDA, the candidates are recruited in Air Force, Navy, and Army.
The interested candidates can fill NDA 2022 application form on 22nd December 2021 (for NDA I) and from 18th May 2022 (for NDA II).
Before applying, must ensure your eligibility as only those who have satisfied the eligibility condition are eligible to write the exam. Confirm your eligibility from here. The NDA 2022 eligibility criteria are given below:
- The appearing candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, or Bhutan.
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 01 January 1962 with a mindset to become a permanent resident of India is also eligible.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan & East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India is also eligible to apply.
Candidates other than the citizen of India and Gorkha subjects of Nepal have required a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
Age Limits, Gender & Marital Status: Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
- For NDA (1) 2022: The candidates whose DOB falls between 2nd July 2003 to 1st July 2006 are eligible for the examination. If born before 2nd July 2003 and after 1st July 2006 then not eligible for NDA (1) 2022 exam.
- For NDA (2) 2022: Those whose DOB falls between 2nd January 2004 to 1st January 2007 are permitted to write the exam. If the candidate bears the age before 2nd January 2004 and after 1st January 2007, they are not allowed to appear in the exam.
- Only unmarried male & female candidates will be eligible for the NDA examination.
Note-1: The DOB mentioned in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate will be considered by the commission.
Note-2: Candidates are informed not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at this or any subsequent exam will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during the training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditures incurred on him by the Government.
Qualification Criteria: Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
The minimum qualification required for the Indian Army wing, Navy, and Air Force is as follows:
Eligibility for the Indian Army: Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
- The candidates who want to apply for the Indian Army must have completed the 12th (10+2 pattern) or its equivalent exam from a well-recognized board.
- The appearing candidates can also apply.
Eligibility for Indian Navy and Air Force: Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
- Those seeking for Indian Navy and Air Force must have passed their 12th/appearing (10+2 pattern) from a recognized board or University with Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subjects.
Note: Students who have been debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services are not eligible to apply. Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
Physical Standards: Best NDA Coaching in India
- Candidates must be physically & mentally fit as per the physical standards maintained by the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination 2022.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of the Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
The detailed physical standards are mentioned here:
Candidates are required to rectify minor defects/ailments in order
to speed up the finalization of a medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB. A few of such commonly found defects/ailments are listed below:
- Wax (Ears).
- Deviated Nasal Septum.
- Under Sized Chest.
Body Tattoos: Best NDA Coaching in India
- Permanent body tattoos are accepted only on the inner face of a forearm. Tattoos on the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand/Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable.
- Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case-by-case basis.
- Comdt Selection Centre will be the competent authority for clearing such cases.
Click here to view detailed NDA Eligibility Criteria
Medical Examination for Female Candidates: Best NDA Coaching in India
- General methods and principles of medical examination of female candidates will be the same as for male candidates. However, special points pertaining to the Medical Examination of female candidates are given in succeeding paragraphs.
- A detailed menstrual, gynecological, and obstetric history in the form of a questionnaire is to be obtained from the candidate.
- A detailed physical and systemic examination will be carried out of the candidate and she should be examined by a Lady Medical Officer or a Lady Gynecologist only.
- The examination must include the following inspections:-
- External genitalia.
- Hernial orifices and the perineum.
- Any evidence of stress urinary incontinence or genital prolapsed outside introitus.
- Evidence of lump breast and galactorrhoea.
- In all unmarried female candidates, speculum or per vaginal examination will not be carried out.
- An ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis is mandatory in all-female candidates during the initial Medical Examination.
- Any abnormality of external genitalia will be considered on the merits of each case. Significant hirsutism especially with a male pattern of hair growth along with radiological evidence of PCOS will be a cause for rejection.
- The following conditions will entail female candidates being declared unfit:
- Primary or secondary amenorrhoea
- Severe Menorrhagia or/ and severe dysmenorrhea.
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Congenital elongation of cervix or prolapsed which comes outside the introitus even after corrective surgery.
- Pregnancy will be a cause of rejection for NDA entry.
- Complex ovarian cyst of any size.
- Simple ovarian cyst more than six cm.
- Endometriosis and Adenomyosis.
- Submucous fibroid of any size.
- Broad ligament or cervical fibroid of any size causing pressure over.
- Single fibroid uterus more than three cm in diameter; fibroids more than two in number (each fibroid not more than fifteen mm in diameter) or fibroid causing distortion of the endometrial cavity.
- Congenital uterine anomalies except for the arcuate uterus.
- Acute or chronic pelvic infection.
- Disorders of sexual differentiation.
- Any other condition will be considered on the merits of each case by the Gynaecologist.
- The following conditions will be declared as FIT:-
- Unilocular clear ovarian cyst up to six cm.
- Minimal fluid in the pouch of Douglas.
- Medical fitness after laparoscopic surgery or laparotomy. Candidates reporting after undergoing cystectomy or myomectomy will be accepted as fit if she is asymptomatic, ultrasound pelvis is normal, histopathology of tissues removed is benign and per operative, and findings are not suggestive of endometriosis. Fitness will be considered twelve weeks after laparoscopic surgery and when the wound has healed fully. The candidate will be considered FIT after laparotomy one year after the surgical procedure.
Height & Weight Standards for Female Candidates: Best NDA Coaching in India
|Age (yrs)||Minimum weight for all ages||Age: 17 to 20 yrs||Age: 20 +01 day-30 yrs||Age : 30 + 01 Day- 40 yrs||Age: Above 40 yrs|
|Height (cm)||Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg)|
Note: The minimum height required for entry into the Armed Forces for female Candidates is 152 cm. Gorkhas and candidates belonging to the Hills of the North-Eastern region of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon will be accepted with a minimum height of 148 cm. An allowance for growth of 02 cm will be made for candidates below 18 yrs at the time of examination. The minimum height requirement for the Flying Branch is 163 cm. Flying Branch also requires other anthropometric standards like sitting height, leg length, and thigh length.
Height & Weight Standards for Male Candidates: Best NDA Coaching in India
- The minimum height measurement is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force).
- For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern areas of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum heights will be 5 cm. less.
- In the case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum height can be reduced by 2 cm.
- The detailed height/weight standards are mentioned below:
Height/Weight Standards for Army/Air Force: Best NDA Coaching in India
|Height (cms)||Weight in Kgs|
|(without shoe)||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
Height/Weight Standards for Navy: Best NDA Coaching in India
|Height (cms)||Weight in Kgs|
|(without shoe)||16 years||18 years||20 years|
Note-1: “Individual’s weight is considered normal if it is within ±10% departure from average given weight”. However, in individuals with heavy bones and broad build as well as individuals with a thin build but otherwise healthy, this may be given some relaxation on merit.
Note-2: Height relaxation is up to 2.5 cm. (5 cm. for Navy) may be allowed where the Medical Board certifies that the candidate is likely to grow and come up to the required standard on completion of his training.
There will be some extra physical requirements as a pilot in the Air Force. The acceptable length is as follows:
|Leg Length||99.00 cms||120.00 cms|
|Thigh Length||–||64.00 cms|
|Sitting Height||81.50 cms||96.00 cms|
Other Physical Standards: Best NDA Coaching in India
Candidates recommended by the Services Selection Board will go through a medical examination by the Board of Service Medical Officers. Candidates who are declared fit by the Medical Board will be admitted to the academy.
- The candidate should be in good physical & mental health and free from any kind of disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of military duties.
- There should be no symptoms of weak constitution, bodily defects, or underweight. The Candidate should not be overweight or obese.
- Well-developed chest. A fully expanded chest should not be less than 81cms. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms. Chest X-Ray is compulsory and will be taken to rule out any chest diseases.
- No maldevelopment or impairment of a function of the bones or joints.
- No past history of mental breakdown or fits.
- The hearing should be normal. A candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cm. in a quiet room. There should be no evidence of present or past disease of the ear, nose, and throat. Audiometric tests will be done for AF. Audiometric hearing loss should not be greater than 20 DB in frequencies between 250 and 8000 Hz. There is no impediment to speech.
- Blood Pressure should be normal with no signs of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessels.
- There should be no enlargement of the liver or spleen. There will be not any evidence of disease of the internal organs of the abdomen.
- Un-operated hernias will make a candidate unfit. In the case of a Hernia which has been operated on, a minimum of 6 months must have passed prior to the final medical examination before commencement of the course.
- No hydrocele, varicocele or piles.
- A urine examination will be done and any abnormality if detected will be a cause for disqualification.
- Any kind of skin disease which is likely to cause disability or disfigurement will also be a cause for rejection.
- USG abdomen examination will be carried out and any congenital structural anomaly or disease of the abdominal organs will be a cause for rejection in Armed Forces.
- Candidates should have a sufficient number of natural and sound teeth. A minimum of 14 dental points will be accepted. When 32 teeth are present, the total dental points are 22. A candidate should not be suffering from severe pyorrhoea.
- Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must be within normal limits.
Past medical history of diseases or any injury of the spine or sacroiliac joints, either with or without objective signs which have prevented the candidate from successfully following a physically active life, is a cause for rejection for commissioning in IAF. History of spinal fracture/prolapsed intervertebral disc and surgical treatment for these conditions will entail rejection. Any of the following conditions detected radiologically during the medical exam will disqualify a candidate for Air Force:
- The granulomatous disease of the spine
- Arthritis/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders/ Ankylosing spondylitis/ Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disease/Nonarticular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago, etc.) & Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis.
- Compression fracture of vertebrae.
- Scheuerman’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of the cervical spine.
- Unilateral/Bilateral cervical ribs with the demonstrable neurological or circulatory deficit.
- Scoliosis is more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s method.
- Degenerative Disc. Disease.
- Presence of school nodes at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies.
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in the cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in the cervical or dorsal spine.
- Unilateral Sacralisation or summarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralisation or lumbarisation.
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist.
Mild Kyphosis or Lordosis where the deformity is barely noticeable and there is no pain or restriction of movement will not preclude acceptance.
In case of noticeable Scoliosis or suspicion of any other abnormality or spinal deformity, more than mild, appropriate X-rays of the spine are to be taken and the Examinee referred for specialist’s advice.
Any of the following conditions detected at the time of X-Ray examination will be disqualified for Armed Forces:
- Granulomatous disease of the spine.
- Scoliosis is more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degrees for Army and Navy).
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Herniated nucleus purposes.
- Compression fracture of the Vertebra.
- Sacaralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit.
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level.
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies.
- Incomplete Sacaralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spina Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
The distance vision (corrected) should be 6/6 in the better eye (6/9 in the worse eye). Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism. Internal examination of the eye will be done by means of an ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye. A candidate should have good binocular vision. The color vision standard will be (CP-III) for Army.
A candidate should be able to recognize red and green colors. Candidates will be required to produce certificates that neither he nor any member of his family has suffered from congenital night blindness. Candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy, to improve their visual acuity will be permanently rejected for all the Services. Candidates who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of refractive error are also not permitted to defense services. The detailed eyesight eligibility is given below:
Eyesight Eligibility for Naval Candidates:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I|
Eyesight Eligibility for Air Force Candidates:
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Sph|
|Manifest Myopia||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Maddox Rod Test
The details of the Maddox Rot Test are as the following:
|At 6 meters||Exo-6 prism D|
|Eso-6 prism D|
|Hyper-1 prism D|
|Hypro-1 prism D|
|At 33 cms||Exo-16 prism D|
|Eso-6 prism D|
|Hyper-1 prism D|
|Hypo-1 prism D|
Candidates wear the spectacles habitually then not eligible for AF. Hand held Stereoscope–All of BSV grades Convergence–Up to 10 cm Cover test for distant and near-Lateral divergence/convergence recovery rapid and complete Radial Keratotomy, Photo Refractive Keratotomy/laser in Situ, Keratomileusis (PRK/LASIK) surgeries for correction of refractive errors are not accepted for any Air Force duties.
Candidates having undergone cataract surgery with or without IOL implants will also be not eligible to apply.Candidates must posses a good binocular vision (fusion and stereopsis with good amplitude and depth).Candidates who have undergone LASIK surgery are not declared fit for permanent commission in flying branch in IAF.
Candidates are suggested to keep themselves in a good physical condition, by following the routine given below:
- Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes
- Pushups and sit ups (minimum 20 each)
- Chin ups (minimum 08)
- Rope climbing 3-4 metres.
In case of any doubt or query regarding NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022, you may ask us by commenting below.