Chandrayaan 3 VIKRAM lander and PRAGYAN Rover on the surface of the moon
The temperature variation observed by Chandrayaan 3 on the moon is interesting as the high of 70 degrees was not expected, scientists said
- Best NDA Coaching in India | Warriors Defence Academy
- Three Hoysala Temples on UNESCO Heritage list | Warriors Defence Academy
- GLOBAL MARITIME SUMMIT WOULD PUSH INVESTMENTS | Warriors Defence Academy
- AFCAT-2 2023 Written Result Declared – Check Here Now!
- NDA Exam Pattern | Warriors Defence Academy
As Chandrayaan 3 on Sunday sent its first findings on the lunar surface temperature of the south pole, scientists said the high of 70-degree Celsius temperature near the surface was not expected. A temperature between 20 degrees centigrade to 30 degrees on the surface where Chandrayaan 3 landed and is executing its experiments was estimated. “We all believed that the temperature could be somewhere around 20 degrees centigrade to 30 degrees centigrade on the surface but it is 70 degrees centigrade. This is surprisingly higher than what we had expected,” ISRO scientist BH Darukesha told news agency PTI.
On the earth, there is hardly any such variation and so the first findings of Chandrayaan-3 are very interesting. “When we go two to three centimeters inside the Earth, we hardly see two to three-degree centigrade variation whereas there (in Moon), it is about 50-degree centigrade variation. This is something interesting,” the scientist said.
The temperature variation on the lunar surface — around the south pole — is from 70 degrees Celsius to minus 10 degrees Celsius. This is the first time that the information came to the scientific fraternity of the world, courtesy of ISRO’s Chandrayaan-3.
What Chandrayaan 3 Found About Temperature Variation On Lunar Surface: Explained
The graph illustrates the temperature variations of the lunar surface/near-surface at various depths
In the graph, presented by the ISRO, the temperature of the lunar surface has been examined by the Vikram payload at different depths. As deciphered from the chart, the temperature remains around 50 degrees Celsius on the ground. And it increases to over 60-degree at the height of 20mm. At -80mm depth, which is below the ground, the temperature drops to minus 10 degrees Celsius.
The temperature has been measured during the day as one lunar day is still going on in the moon. But the south pole is less illuminated by the Sun, ISRO chairman S Somanath earlier said explaining the reason for picking the south pole for the soft landing of Chandrayaan-3.
Warriors Defence Academy | Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
Warriors Defence Academy is the Best Coaching for NDA in Lucknow. Best Defence Coaching in Lucknow. No-1 NDA Coaching in Lucknow. Best Airforce Coaching in Lucknow. WDA Lucknow is the Trusted Defence Coaching Institute Located in Kapoorthala Lucknow. Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow. Best Defence Coaching in Lucknow NDA Coaching in Lucknow India. Best Airforce Coaching in Lucknow.
- We have complete facilities to Prepare you for Defence Exam…
- Faculty – Some of the best names in the field of Defence career coaching are available to impart psychology, GTO and interview training.
- Infrastructure – State of the Art infrastructure facility for indoor-outdoor coaching.
- Fees – Competitive fee structures have been devised to allow deserving candidates from every strata of society to get an opportunity to avail coaching facility.
- Computer-aided coaching for NDA/CDS written test
- Expert coaching in Personality Development, Leadership, Team Building and Soft Skills Specialized coaching for GTO tasks.
- SSB Interview guidance for TGC, NDA, TES, CDSE, SSC
- Outdoor task training
- Proficiency in Group Discussions
- Personal attention and grooming
Call Now: 07081011964