UPSC Notification 2022 | Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Best Defence Coaching in Lucknow
Address: 545-GA/1-CHHA, beside Madhuwan Guest house Chandganj Near Railway crossing, Kapoorthla, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226006
UPSC Notification 2022
F.No.7/2/2021.E.1(B): An Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 10th April 2022 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 149th Course, and for the 111th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd January 2023.
The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under:—
|National Defence Academy||:||Army||–||208 (including 10 for female candidates)|
|Navy||–||42 (including 03 for female candidates)|
|Air Force||–||Flying – 92 (including 02 for female candidates) Ground Duties (Tech) – 18 (including 02 for female candidates) Ground Duties (Non-Tech) – 10 (including 02 for female candidates)|
|Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)||:||–||30 (for male candidates only)|
Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of the National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy.
N.B. (i) A candidate is required to specify clearly in the Online Application Form the Services for which he wishes to be considered in the order of his preference [1 to 4]. He is also advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to opt so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointments.
- Candidates should note that they will be considered for appointment to those services only for which they express their preferences and for no other service(s). No request for addition/alteration in the preferences already indicated by a candidate in his application will be entertained by the Commission.
- Admission to the above courses will be made on the results of the written examination to be conducted by the Commission followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of candidates who qualify in the written examination.
2. CENTRES OF EXAMINATION:
The Examination will be held at the following Centres :
|ANANTPUR (ANDHRA PRADESH)||ITANAGAR||RAJKOT|
|GAUTAM BUDDH NAGAR||NAVI MUMBAI||WARANGAL|
Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first- allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
N.B. : Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision, Commission reserves the right to change the Centres at their discretion if the situation demands.
Candidates admitted to the examination will be informed of the timetable and place or places of examination. Candidates should note that no request for a change of centre will be granted.
3. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Nationality : A candidate must be unmarried male/female and must be :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii), above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
Only unmarried male/female candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 2003 and not later than 1st July 2006 are eligible.
The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Secondary School Examination or an equivalent examination certificates. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
NOTE 1: Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
NOTE 2: Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at any subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
NOTE 3: The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in the respective column of the Online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
NOTE 4: The candidates should also note that no addition/deletion/any changes are allowed in the online application form in the NDA & NA Examination in any circumstances once it is submitted.
NOTE 5: Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at this or any subsequent Examination will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
(c) Educational Qualifications:
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
Such candidates who qualify for the SSB interview but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview should forward duly self attested Photocopies to ‘Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West Block.III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066’ and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011’ by 24th December 2022 failing which their candidature will be cancelled. All other candidates who have produced their Matriculation and 10+2 pass or equivalent certificates in original at the time of attending the SSB interview and have got the same verified by the SSB authorities are not required to submit the same to Army HQ or Naval HQ as the case may be. Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the Institutions are also acceptable in cases where
Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies/photo state copies of such certificates will not be accepted.
In exceptional cases, the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.
NOTE 1: Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
NOTE 2: Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 24th December, 2022) and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board/University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.
NOTE 3 : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
NOTE 4 : Those candidates, who have failed CPSS/PABT earlier, are now eligible for Air Force in Ground Duty branches if they fill their willingness in the Online Application Form available at the Commission’s website.
(d) Physical Standards:
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2022 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/female candidates/Wards of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
N.B. 1 : Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode, should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by Cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23:59 hours of 10.01.2022 i.e. one day before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Pay-in-Slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 6:00 P.M. of 11.01.2022.
N.B. 2 : Candidates should note that payment of examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode (unless remission of fee is claimed) shall be summarily rejected.
N.B. 3 : Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
N.B. 4 : For the applicants in whose case payments details have not been received from the bank, they will be treated as fictitious payment cases and their applications will be rejected in the first instance. A list of all such applicants shall be made available on the Commission’s website within two weeks after the last day of submission of online application. The applicants shall be required to submit the proof of their fee payment within 10 days from the date of such communication either by hand or by speed post to the Commission. On receipt of documentary proof, genuine fee payment cases will be considered and their applications will be revived, if they are otherwise eligible.
NOTE-1 : Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and those specified in Note 2 below are not required to pay any fee. No fee exemption is, however, available to OBC candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
NOTE-2 : The Wards of serving/ex-Junior Commissioned Officers/Non-Commissioned Officers/Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian Navy/Indian Air Force are also not required to pay the prescribed fee if they are studying in Military School (formerly known as King George’s School)/Sainik School run by Sainik Schools Society.
[N.B. : A certificate of eligibility for fee exemption is required to be obtained by all such candidates from the Principals concerned individually and produced for verification at the time of SSB Test/Interview by the candidates who are declared qualified for the SSB Test/Interview.]
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
NOTE-1 : The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he submits another/multiple applications, then he must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, photo identity card document, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
NOTE-2: Candidate should also have details of one photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID/Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The same photo ID card will also have to be uploaded with the Online Application Form. This photo ID will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/SSB.
NOTE-3 : All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Sailors (including boys and artificers apprentices) of the Indian Navy, Cadets of Rashtriya Indian Military College (previously known as Sainik School, Dehradun), Students of Rashtriya Military Schools (formerly known as Military Schools) and Sainik Schools run by Sainik Schools Society, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should apply online direct to the Commission.
N.B. (a) Persons already in Government Service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises; (b) Candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Sailors (including boys and artificers apprentices) of the Indian Navy; and (c) Cadets of Rashtriya Indian Military College (previously known as Sainik School, Dehra Dun), Students of Military Schools formerly known as King George’s Schools and Sainik Schools run by Sainik Schools Society are required to inform their Head of Office/Department, Commanding Officer, Principals of College/School concerned, as the case may be, in
writing that they have applied for this examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received by the Commission from their employer/authority concerned withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/candidatures will be liable to be cancelled.
NOTE-4: WHILE FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM, THE CANDIDATE SHOULD CAREFULLY DECIDE ABOUT HIS CHOICE FOR THE CENTRE FOR THE EXAMINATION.
IF ANY CANDIDATE APPEARS AT A CENTRE OTHER THAN THE ONE INDICATED BY THE COMMISSION IN HIS E- ADMISSION CERTIFICATE, THE PAPERS OF SUCH A CANDIDATE WILL NOT BE VALUED AND HIS CANDIDATURE WILL BE LIABLE TO CANCELLATION.
NOTE-5 : APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE PRESCRIBED FEE (UNLESS REMISSION OF FEE IS CLAIMED AS IN PARA 4 ABOVE) OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED. NO REPRESENTATION OR CORRESPONDENCE REGARDING SUCH REJECTION SHALL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. CANDIDATES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT ALONG WITH THEIR APPLICATIONS ANY CERTIFICATE IN SUPPORT OF THEIR CLAIMS REGARDING AGE, EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, SCHEDULED CASTES/SCHEDULED TRIBES/OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES AND FEE REMISSION ETC EXCEPT THE PHOTO ID CARD. THEY SHOULD THEREFORE, ENSURE THAT THEY FULFIL ALL THE ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION. THEIR ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION WILL ALSO THEREFORE BE PURELY PROVISIONAL. IF ON VERIFICATION AT ANY LATER DATE IT IS FOUND THAT THEY DO NOT FULFIL ALL ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS, THEIR CANDIDATURE WILL BE CANCELLED. THE RESULT OF THE WRITTEN PART OF THE EXAMINATION IS LIKELY TO BE
DECLARED IN THE MONTH OF JUNE, 2022. All the candidates who have successfully qualified in the written examination are required to register themselves online on Directorate General of Recruiting website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, with the same E- mail ID as provided to UPSC while filling UPSC online application. Candidates must ensure that their e-mail IDs given in their online applications are valid and active. These candidates would then be allotted Selection Centres through the aforesaid website. In case of any problems/queries, candidates should contact Directorate General of Recruiting on the telephone numbers given on their website or through feedback / query module after logging on to their profile.
NOTE-6 : CANDIDATES WHO HAVE PASSED WRITTEN TEST ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF AGE AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION EITHER TO DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF RECRUITING, ARMY HQ, WEST BLOCK-III, RK PURAM, NEW DELHI-110066 OR TO NAVAL
HEADQUARTERS, DMPR, OI&R SECTION, ‘C’ WING, SENA BHAWAN, NEW DELHI-110011.
ALL CANDIDATES CALLED FOR SSB INTERVIEW MUST CARRY THEIR ORIGINAL MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE OR EQUIVALENT EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE TO THE SERVICES SELECTION BOARD (SSB). ORIGINALS WILL HAVE TO BE PRODUCED BY THE CANDIDATES WHO QUALIFY AT THE SSB INTERVIEW SOON AFTER THE INTERVIEW. THE ORIGINALS WILL BE RETURNED AFTER VERIFICATION. THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY PASSED 10+2 EXAMINATION MUST CARRY THEIR ORIGINAL 10+2 PASS CERTIFICATE OR MARKS SHEET FOR THE SSB INTERVIEW. IF ANY OF THEIR CLAIMS IS FOUND TO BE INCORRECT THEY MAY RENDER THEMSELVES LIABLE TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION BY THE COMMISSION IN TERMS OF THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS:
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission or respective service HQ to be guilty of :—
- Obtaining support for candidature by the following means, namely :—
- offering illegal gratification to; or
- applying pressure on; or
- blackmailing, or threatening to blackmail any person connected with the conduct of the examination; or
- impersonation; or
- procuring impersonation by any person; or
- submitting fabricated/incorrect documents or documents which have been tampered with; or
- uploading irrelevant or incorrect photos/signature in the application form in place of actual photo/signature.
- making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information; or
- resorting to the following means in connection with the candidature for the examination, namely :—
- obtaining copy of question paper through improper means;
- finding out the particulars of the persons connected with secret work relating to the examination;
- influencing the examiners; or
- being in possession of or using unfair means during the examination; or
- writing obscene matter or drawing obscene sketches or irrelevant matter in the scripts; or
- misbehaving in the examination hall including tearing of the scripts, provoking fellow examinees to boycott examination, creating a disorderly scene and the like; or
- harassing, threatening or doing bodily harm to the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of their examination; or
- being in possession of or using any mobile phone, (even in switched-off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc. or camera or bluetooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories (either in working or switched off mode) capable of being used as a communication device during the examination; or
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their admission certificates permitting them to take the examination; or
- attempting to commit or, as the case may be, abetting the commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses;
in addition to being liable to criminal prosecution, shall be disqualified by the Commission from the Examination held under these Rules, and /or shall be liable to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period:-
- by the Commission, from any examination or selection held by them;
- by the Central Government from any employment under them; and
And shall be liable to face disciplinary action under the appropriate rules if already in service under Government.
Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after :—
- giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation in writing as the candidate may wish to make in that behalf; and
- taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed for the purpose, into consideration.
Any person who is found by the Commission or respective service HQ to be guilty of colluding with a candidate (s) in committing or abetting the commission of any of the misdeeds listed at Clauses (i) to (xiii) above render himself/herself liable to action in terms of the Clause (xiv).
6. LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION AND WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATIONS:
- The Online Applications can be filled upto 11th January, 2022 till 6:00 PM.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 18.01.2022 to 24.01.2022 till 6:00 PM. Detailed instructions regarding withdrawal of Applications is available at Appendix-II (B).
7. TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE:
Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of Commission i.e. Permanent or Short Service, shall be entitled for AC III Tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of Commission will not be entitled to travelling allowance on any subsequent occasion.
8. CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COMMISSION / ARMY / NAVAL /AIR HEADQUARTERS:
The Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases :
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available in the UPSC website [upsc.gov.in] for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. For downloading the e-Admit Card the candidate must have his vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. (if received) & date of birth or name, father’s name & Date of Birth available with him.
- If a candidate does not receive his e-Admit Card or any other communication regarding his candidature for the examination one week before the commencement of the examination, he should at once contact the Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over Phone Nos. 011–23385271/011–23381125/011–23098543 Extn 4119, 4120. In case no communication is received in the Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his e-Admit Card at least one week before the examination, he himself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his e-Admit Card.
- No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he holds a certificate of admission for the examination. On receipt of e-Admit Card, check it carefully and bring discrepancies/errors, if any, to the notice of the UPSC immediately. The courses to which the candidates are admitted will be according to their eligibility as per educational
qualifications for different courses and the preferences given by the candidates.
The candidates should note that their admission to the examination will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the Application Form. This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions.
- If a candidate receives an e-Admit Card in respect of some other candidate on account of processing error, it should be notified to the Commission with a request to issue the correct e- Admit Card. Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the examination on the strength of an e-Admit Card issued in respect of another candidate.
- The decision of the Commission as to the acceptance of the application of a candidate and his eligibility or otherwise for admission to the Examination shall be final.
- Candidates should note that the name in the e-Admit Card in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
- Candidates must ensure that their e.mail Ids given in their online applications are valid and active.
IMPORTANT : All Communications to the Commission should invariably contain the following particulars.
- Name and year of the examination.
- Registration ID (RID).
- Roll Number (if received).
- Name of candidate (in full and in block letters).
- Postal Address as given in the application.
N.B. (i) : Communications not containing the above particulars may not be attended to.
N.B. (ii) : If a letter/communication is received from a candidate after an examination has been held and it does not give his full name and roll number, it will be ignored and no action will be taken thereon. Candidates recommended by the Commission for interview by the Services Selection Board who have changed their addresses subsequent to the submission of their applications for the examination should immediately after announcement of the result of the written part of the examination notify the changed address also to :—
For candidates with Army as first choice—Army Headquarters, A.G’s Branch, RTG (NDA Entry), West Block-III, Wing-1, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066, Phone No. 26175473.
For candidates with Navy/Naval Academy as first choice— Naval Headquarters, Directorate of Manpower & Recruitment, OI&R Section, R. No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan,New Delhi-110011, Phone No. 23010097/23011282.
For candidates with Air Force as first choice—Air Headquarters, Directorate of Personnel (Officers), PO 3 (A), Room No. 17, ‘J’ Block, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi- 110106, Phone No. 23010231 Extn. 7645/7646/7610..
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS INSTRUCTION WILL DEPRIVE THE CANDIDATE OF ANY CLAIM TO CONSIDERATION IN THE EVENT OF HIS NOT RECEIVING THE SUMMONS LETTER FOR INTERVIEW BY THE SERVICES SELECTION BOARD.
AFTER HAVING CLEARED THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION THE CANDIDATES SHOULD LOG ON TO THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES FOR THEIR SSB CENTRE & DATE OF INTERVIEW:-
Candidates whose names have been recommended for interview by the Services Selection Board should address enquiries or requests, if any, relating to their interview or visit the website of respective service headquarters after 20 days from the announcement of written results as follows:—
For candidates with Army as the first choice—Army Headquarters, AG’s Branch, RTG (NDA Entry), West Block-III, Wing-1, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110 066, Phone No. 26175473 or joinindianarmy.nic.in
For candidates with Navy/Naval Academy as the first choice—Naval Headquarters, Directorate of Manpower & Recruitment, O.I. & R. Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011, Phone No. 23010097/Email: [email protected] or joinindiannavy.gov.in
For candidates with Air Force as first choice—Air Headquarters, Directorate of Personnel (Officers), PO 3 (A), Room No. 17, ‘J’ Block, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi- 110106, Phone No. 23010231 Extn. 7645/7646/7610 or
Candidates are required to report for SSB interview on the date intimated to them in the call up letter for interview. Requests for postponing interview will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and that too if it is administratively convenient for which Army Headquarters will be the sole deciding authority. Such requests should be addressed to the Administrative Officer of the Selection Centre from where the call letter for interview has been received. No action will be taken on letters received by Army/Navy/Air HQs. SSB interview for the candidates qualified in the written examination is likely to be held during the months of July 2022 to September 2022 or as suitable to Recruiting Directorate. For all queries regarding Merit list, joining instructions and any
other relevant information regarding selection process, please visit website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
9. ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE RESULTS OF THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION, INTERVIEW OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, ANNOUNCEMENT OF FINAL RESULTS AND ADMISSION TO THE TRAINING COURSES OF THE FINALLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES:
The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion. Such candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test where candidates for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be assessed on Officers Potentiality and those for the Air Force in addition to the above will have to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS). Candidates with Air Force as one of the choice would also undergo CPSS if they qualify SSB and are willing.
TWO-STAGE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests. Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of : (i) Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there, will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion and (ii) Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by the Services Selection Board at their discretion. Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for flying branch of Air Force, should separately qualify the CPSS.
Subject to these conditions the qualified candidates will then be placed in a single combined list on the basis of total marks secured by them in the Written Examination and the Services Selection Board Tests. The final allocation/selection for admission to the Army, Navy, Air Force of the National Defence Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be made upto the number of vacancies available subject to eligibility, medical fitness and merit-cum-preference of the candidates. The candidates who are eligible to be admitted to multiple Services/Courses will be considered for allocation/selection with reference to their order or preferences and in the event of their final allocation/ selection to one Service/Course, they will not be considered for admission to other remaining Services/Courses.
N.B.: EVERY CANDIDATE FOR THE FLYING BRANCH OF AIR FORCE IS GIVEN COMPUTERISED PILOT SELECTION SYSTEM (CPSS) (PILOT APTITUDE TEST) ONLY ONCE. THE GRADES SECURED BY HIM AT THE FIRST TEST WILL THEREFORE HOLD GOOD FOR EVERY SUBSEQUENT INTERVIEW HE HAS WITH THE AIR FORCE SELECTION BOARD. A CANDIDATE WHO FAILS IN THE CPSS CANNOT APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO THE NATIONAL
DEFENCE ACADEMY EXAMINATION FOR THE FLYING BRANCH OF AIR FORCE WING OR GENERAL DUTIES (PILOT) BRANCH OR NAVAL AIR ARM.
Candidates who have been given the Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) for any previous NDA course should submit their application for this examination for the Air Force Wing only if they have been notified as having qualified in CPSS. In case a candidate has failed in CPSS/not tested for CPSS for being HWG, the candidate would be considered for Ground Duty branch of IAF, Navy, Army and NAVAC as per his choices.
The form and manner of communication of the result of the examination to individual candidates shall be decided by the Commission at their discretion and the Commission will not enter into correspondence with them regarding the result.
Success in the examination confers no right of admission to the Academy. A candidate must satisfy the appointing authority that he is suitable in all respects for admission to the Academy.
10. DISQUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION TO THE TRAINING COURSE:
Candidates who were admitted to an earlier course at the National Defence Academy, or to the 10 + 2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy but were removed there from for lack of officer-like qualities or on disciplinary grounds will not be admitted to the Academy.
Candidates who were previously withdrawn from the National Defence Academy or Indian Naval Academy on medical grounds or left the above Academy voluntarily are however, eligible for admission to the Academy provided they satisfy the medical and other prescribed conditions.
- The details regarding (a) the scheme and syllabus of the examination, (b) guidelines for filling up the online Application Form (c) Special Instructions to candidates for objective type tests,
(d) Physical standards for admission to the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy and (e) Brief particulars of the service etc., for candidates joining the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy are given in Appendices I, II, III, IV and V respectively.
- WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATIONS: THE COMMISSION HAS INTRODUCED THE FACILITY OF WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATION FOR THOSE CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT WANT TO APPEAR FOR THE EXAMINATION. INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN IN APPENDIX-II (B).