NDA 2023 Eligibility: Are you applying for NDA 2023? If yes, check here the NDA eligibility in terms of NDA age limit, NDA qualification, nationality, and physical standards in order to be eligible for the exam. Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply for the NDA exam. Read below complete details
NDA 2023 Eligibility for Male and Female Candidates
NDA 2023 Eligibility: NDA eligibility criteria include a variety of parameters such as NDA qualification, NDA age limit, nationality, and NDA requirements in terms of physical and medical standards. NDA exam eligibility is set by the Union Public Service Commission for NDA 2023. It is important that candidates must fulfill NDA eligibility before filling out the application form. Candidature of candidates might get canceled at any stage of the recruitment process if they do not fulfill NDA exam eligibility. According to NDA eligibility criteria, female and male candidates who have completed their Class 12th or equivalent can apply for the exam. Before applying, eligible male and female candidates must go through the NDA requirements provided on this page. “NDA 2023 Eligibility“
NDA 2023 Eligibility: National Defence Academy exam or NDA exam is conducted to select eligible candidates for the Indian Armed Forces, where selected candidates of all three services-Army, Navy and Air Force undergo training before pre-commissioning training in the respective academies. Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA twice a year-April and September to select male and female candidates for various defense services. By 2021, female candidates are also eligible for admission to National Defence Academy (NDA). Candidates qualifying for the written exam are called for SSB Interview. “NDA 2023 Eligibility”
- NDA 2022 Answer Key Live: UPSC NDA 2 Question Paper Analysis
- CDS 2 2022 Answer Key Set A, B, C, D Live: UPSC CDS Question Paper Analysis
NDA 2023 Eligibility
NDA 2023 Eligibility is one of the main factors to go through before applying for NDA exam. To remain the recruitment process, candidates must fit into all the NDA requirements. Applicants should be born not earlier than July 2, 2003, and not later than July 1, 2006, to apply for NDA 2023 as per NDA eligibility. It is essential for candidates to follow all the specified NDA eligibility to be able to proceed further with the selection process. Candidates should note that Army might have different NDA exam eligibility requirements than those for the Navy and Air Force. “NDA 2023 Eligibility“
What is NDA Exam Eligibility 2023?
National Defence Academy eligibility is specified by UPSC in the official notification. The male and female eligibility criteria include factors such as nationality, NDA age limit, NDA qualification, NDA physical test, and medical standards. The age criteria for the NDA exam are between 16.5 and 19.5 years. Candidates who have passed and are appearing in Class 12 can apply for the NDA exam. NDA requirements for eligibility are certain factors that candidates need to fulfill in order to be eligible for the exam. To ensure final selection to the NDA, candidates need to meet the following NDA 2023 eligibility:
- NDA Age Limit 2023, Marital Status & Gender
- NDA Qualification
- NDA Physical Test/ Medical Qualification
Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the NDA eligibility before applying for the exam. Candidates failing to fulfill the NDA eligibility will not be allowed to participate in the recruitment process.
Attend our session to get tips on How to Prepare for NDA Exams after the 12th on May 23rd at 5.00 PM. Limited Seats, Register Now!
NDA 2023 Eligibility Highlights
Candidates can check below a few important highlights related to NDA exam eligibility.
|ParticularsNDA 2023 EligibilityParticulars||Details|
|Name of the Exam||NDA|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Gender & Marital Status||Unmarried female and male|
|NDA Age Limit||16.5 to 19.5 years|
|NDA Qualification||Army Wing: Passed or appeared in Class 12For Air Force and Naval Wings: Passed or appeared in Class 12. Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in Class 12|
|NDA Physical Test||In NDA physical test the eligibility of candidates is measured as per height, weight, and medical standards|
|Selection Process||Written examSSB Interview|
NDA Eligibility & NDA Age Limit 2023
According to NDA eligibility criteria, only unmarried male and female aspirants aged between 16.5 and 19.5 are eligible to apply for NDA. Those who are interested in applying for the NDA exam must fall in the mentioned age group. Candidates whose NDA age limit exceeds will not be considered for NDA. Given below is the NDA age limit for all candidates who wish to appear for the NDA exam:
- NDA 1 2023 age limit is that candidates should be born not earlier than July 2, 2003, and not later than July 1, 2006
- NDA 2 2023 age limit, candidates must have been born not earlier than January 2, 2004, and not later than January 1, 2007
- The commission will accept the date of birth that is entered into Class 10 or 12 certificates
- Candidates need to submit these certificates after the declaration of the result of the written exam
NDA 2023 Eligibility Age Limit For Girls
NDA age limit for girls is the same as the male candidates. NDA age limit for girls is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Female candidates falling under the age range can apply for the NDA exam. “NDA 2023 Eligibility“
NDA 2023 Eligibility for Female
In 2021, Supreme Court has allowed NDA for girls. Earlier, only unmarried male candidates were allowed to appear for the exam. The decision was taken by Supreme Court after a writ petition was filed by Kush Kalra in the Supreme Court to allow women to appear for NDA. The petition also raised objections against the issue of violation of Articles 14, 15, 16, and 19 of the Constitution of India by not allowing the desired female candidates to participate in the NDA Exam. “NDA 2023 Eligibility“
In response to the same, Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Hrishikesh Roy passed the interim order allowing female candidates to be a part of the NDA 2 exam in 2021. The decisions regarding the nature of training, intake strength, training standards, and medical and NDA physical standards for girls rested upon the Ministry of Defence. NDA female eligibility, age limit, educational qualification, and marital status parameters are the same as male candidates. “NDA 2023 Eligibility“
NDA eligibility for female candidates is the same as for their male counterparts. The height, weight, and vision NDA requirements for female candidates are the same. NDA qualifications, as well as the physical standard required for female and male candidates, are the same. “NDA 2023 Eligibility“
NDA Qualification 2023
NDA eligibility as per the educational qualification prescribed for admission to the different academies is given below.
|NDA Qualification for Army wing||Passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board|
|NDA Qualification for Air Force and Naval wings of NDA and 10+2 Cadet entry scheme at INA||Passed Class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
- Candidates who are appearing in Class 12 or equivalent examination can apply as per NDA exam eligibility
- Candidates appearing in the Class 11 exam are not eligible
- There is no NDA eligibility 12th percentage. Candidates who have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam can apply for the exam.
Can 12th Pass Apply for NDA?
Yes, NDA is conducted for candidates who have passed or are appearing in Class 12. Candidates who wish to join the Air Force and Naval wings of NDA and the 10+2 Cadet entry scheme must study Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in Class 12.
Can the 11th pass Apply NDA?
No, candidates after Class 11 are not eligible for the NDA exam. To be eligible for the exam, candidates must have passed or are appearing in Class 12.
How to Join NDA after the 10th for girls?
NDA for girls is not possible after the 10th. In order to take admitted to NDA, candidates need to complete their Class 12.
NDA 2023 Eligibility Nationality
To apply for NDA, candidates must be:
1) A citizen of India or
2) A subject of Nepal or
3) A subject of Bhutan or
4) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or
5) A person originally Indian who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories 2, 3, 4, and 5 must be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Indian government. A certificate of eligibility is not required for Gorkha candidates from Nepal
NDA Eligibility 2023 Marital Status
Only unmarried male and female candidates can apply for the exam as per NDA eligibility. Candidates should not marry until they complete their training. Candidates who marry during the training will be discharged and have to refund all expenditures spend on them by the government.
NDA 2023 Eligibility Physical Test
Candidates must be physically fit according to the physical and medical standards of NDA eligibility. NDA physical eligibility is given in the table below for Army, Navy, and Air Force. NDA requirements are NDA height, weight, and chest.
NDA 2023 Eligibility Height & Weight for Army and Air Force
NDA height prescribed is 157 cms (For Air Force it is 162.5 cms). Certain exceptions are applicable for candidates based on the region from which they belong. NDA height for girls is 157 cm.
|NDA Height (in cms)||NDA Weight (in kgs)|
|16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
For Gorkhas and candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern areas of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum height will be 5 cm less than the figure mentioned above. For candidates belonging to Lakshadweep, the minimum height standard is reduced by 2 cm.
NDA Requirements for Height and Weight for Navy
|NDA Height (In cms)||NDA Weight (in kgs)|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
Candidates who wish to be pilots need to fulfill the following NDA requirements:
- Leg Length: The minimum of 99 cms and maximum of 120 cms
- Thigh Length: Maximum of 64 cms
- Sitting Height: The minimum of 81.50 cms and the maximum is 96 cms
NDA Medical Requirements for Visual Standards
- The distance vision (corrected) of candidates should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye
- Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D
- Hyper ametropia not more than 3.5 D including astigmatism
- Air Force candidates must not wear spectacles
Candidates can check below the NDA requirements for visual standards for the Navy and Air Force. “NDA 2023 Eligibility“
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A.||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||N.A.||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A.||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A.||N-5 each eye|
Candidates must not suffer from any of the following minor conditions:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
NDA Requirements for Guidelines Regarding Tattoos
- Candidates must ensure that any permanent body tattoos should be present only on the inner side of the forearm
- Under no circumstances, UPSC accepts tattoos on the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of the palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are also not acceptable
- In case a candidate belongs to a tribe where it is customary to have a tattoo, acceptance will be granted considering the traditions involved
NDA Requirements for Spinal Conditions
Candidates must not have the following diseases:
- The granulomatous disease of the spine
- Arthritis/spondylosis (Rheumatoid arthritis and allied disorders / Ankylosing spondylitis/ Osteoarthrosis, spondylosis and degenerative joint disease / Non-articular rheumatism (e.g. lesions of the rotator cuff, tennis elbow, recurrent lumbago, etc.) & Miscellaneous disorders including SLE, polymyositis, vasculitis
- Compression fracture of vertebrae
- SC Heuerman’s disease (Adolescent kyphosis)
- Loss of cervical lordosis when associated with clinically restricted movements of the cervical spine
- Unilateral / Bilateral cervical ribs with demon stable neurological or circulatory deficit
- Scoliosis of more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s method
- Degenerative Disc. disease
- Presence of Schmorl’s nodes at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlantoaxial anomalies
- Hemi vertebrae and/or incomplete block (fused) vertebrae at any level in the cervical, dorsal or lumbar spine and complete block (fused) vertebrae at more than one level in the cervical or dorsal spine
- Unilateral Sacralisation or summarisation (Complete or incomplete) at all levels and bilateral incomplete sacralisation or lumbarisation
- Any other abnormality if so considered by the specialist
NDA Requirements for X-Ray Exam
Any of the following conditions will disqualify the candidature of candidates:
- The granulomatous disease of the spine
- Arthritis / spondylosis
- Scoliosis of more than 15 degrees as measured by Cobb’s Method (10 degrees for Army and Navy)
- More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis
- Spondylolisthesis / Spondylosis / Spondylolysis
- Herniated nucleus purposes
- Compression fracture of Vertebra
- Sacralisation Disease
- Cervical ribs with demonstrable neurological or Circulatory deficit
- Presence of Schmorl’s node at more than one level
- Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial anomalies
- Incomplete Sacralisation Unilateral or Bilateral
- Spina Bifida other than SV 1 and LV 5 if completely Sacralised
- Any other abnormality, if so considered by specialist
NDA Requirements for Other medical conditions
- There should not be any symptoms of a weak constitution or bodily defects
- Candidates must have a well-developed chest
- The function of the bones or joints should be good
- No history of medical breakdown or fits
- Candidates must have normal hearing capabilities
- No impediment of speech
- Normal blood pressure with no signs of heart disease or blood vessel disease
- No liver or spleen enlargement
- No abnormalities in urine
- No skin diseases
- No abnormalities in USG abdomen examination
- A sufficient number of natural and sound teeth
- Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must fall within normal limits
Ineligibility for UPSC NDA 2023 Exam
Candidates will be rejected from appearing in the UPSC NDA exam if they do not fulfill NDA eligibility due to the following reasons:
- If aspirants are married then they will not be allowed to appear for the exam
- If candidates have resigned on disciplinary grounds during training then they are not eligible
- Candidates who did not clear PABT/CPSS exam are not eligible
- If aspirants are debarred by the Defence Ministry
- Candidates studying in Class 11 are not eligible
- Candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier will not be considered eligible
NDA Eligibility 2023 FAQs
Q. Are women candidates eligible for the NDA exam?
Q: What is the NDA qualification?
Q: What is the NDA age limit?
Q: Is there any limit on the number of attempts in the NDA exam?
Q: Is Mathematics required to apply for the NDA exam?
Q: Is there any minimum percentage required in Class 12 to apply for the NDA exam?
Q: What are NDA physical tests?
Q: Is there any age relaxation for reserved category candidates in the NDA exam?
Q: I am Class 11, can I apply for the NDA exam?
Q: I am appearing in Class 12. Can I apply for the exam?
Q. How can I fill NDA application form?
Q: What are NDA eligibility criteria for women?
Q: What is the NDA age limit for girls?
Q: I am a female who migrated from Nepal with the intention to permanently reside in India. Am I eligible for this exam?
Q: I have a tattoo on my arms. Can I apply for the exam?