Kempegowda International Award
Kempegowda International Award: Best NDA Academy in Lucknow | Join WDA Lucknow – Warriors Defence Academy deeply appreciative and offer you our most grateful welcome. We are happy to Announce that Ex. GTO Officer Colonel Tiwari Sir going to Join our Academy to Guide NDA and CDS aspirants For SSB. WDA is the Best NDA and SSB Coaching in Lucknow India.
Warriors Defence Academy is the Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow. We are the Leading Coaching Institute for NDA/CDS/AFCAT/Army/Air Force/Navy Located in Lucknow. Warriors Defence Academy has the Largest GTO Ground in India. The Aspirants of Defence Services are guided by Ex. Defence Officers. WDA also Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lucknow.
Call Now: 07081011964
- This announcement was made by Higher Education Minister of Karnataka, C N Ashwath Narayan. He is the Vice-President of Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Heritage Area Development Authority.
- Chief Minister Basavaraja Bommai will give the awards to recipients during grand celebration on the occasion of 513th birth anniversary of Kempegowda.
- Award will be presented on June 27, 2022 at Vidhana Saudha.
- Kempe gowda was the architect of Bengaluru city.
- All the three achievers have contributed in their unique way to develop Bengaluru and fame it has garnered.
About Kempegowda International Award
Kempegowda Award, also known as Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Award, is a civilian award which is presented by Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP), annually. Nomination for the award is done on the basis of notable contributions of civilians, in education, medicine, sports, media, journalism, theatre, film, music, dance, environment, folklore, yogasana, judiciary, photography, culture, painting, social service, and astrology. This award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and a plaque.
History of the award
Kempegowda International Award: The award has been named after ruler of Vijayanagara Empire, Nadaprabhu Hiriya Kempe Gowda. He built the Bengaluru city in 1537. The award ceremony is organised annually. on the eve of birthday of Kempegowda, which is marked as Kempegowda day or ′Kempegowda Jayanthi′ on June 27. Presentation of award was temporarily stopped in 2007 and again resumed in 2011, after four years.
Nadaprabhu Hiriya Kempe Gowda
Kempe Gowda was a chieftain under Vijayanagara Empire. He fortified the Bengaluru city in 1537. He erected several Kannada inscriptions in the region.
The Vijayanagara Empire
This Empire was based in Deccan Plateau region of South India. The empire was set up in 1336 by Harihara I and Bukka Raya I of Sangama dynasty.