Indian Air Force Selection Process
STEP 1 – RESPOND TO ADVERTISEMENT FOLLOWED BY WRITTEN TEST
1. FOR NDA AND CDSE
- The advertisement for NDA is released twice a year in the months of June and December and for CDSE in the months of July and November by UPSC.
- Candidates are to apply as per the advertisement.
- The written tests are conducted by UPSC only. For details visit www.upsc.gov.in
2. AFCAT – AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST
- For all entries other than NDA and CDSE and for all branches, candidates have to undergo the AFCAT.
- The test is conducted twice a year in February and August.
- Advertisements inviting applications for AFCAT are out in June and December. Candidates are to apply as per the advertisement.
- The test is conducted all across India by the Indian Air Force.
3. NCC ENTRY
- Air Sqn NCC Senior division ‘C’ certificate holders are to apply online through NCC Special entry.
STEP 2 – AFSB (AIR FORCE SELECTION BOARD) TESTING
- If you have successfully cleared Step 1, you will receive a Call letter to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar and Mysuru. At the Air Force Selection Board (AFSB), you undergo following tests in order to ascertain your suitability and gauge your potential as an Officer in the Indian Air Force.
1. STAGE I TESTING
- Officer Intelligence rating Test.
- Picture perception and Discussion Test.
STAGE-I is a screening test. Those who qualify STAGE-I are eligible to undergo STAGE-II testing. STAGE-I disqualified candidates are routed back after announcement of results.
- 2. STAGE II TESTINGAll STAGE-I qualified candidates undergo following tests as part of STAGE-II testing during next four to five days. Fifth day is for CPSS testing (Flying branch).
- Psychological Tests are written tests that are conducted by a Psychologist.
- Group Tests are interactive indoor and outdoor activities which are a combination of mental and physical work.
- Interview involves a personal conversation with an Interviewing Officer.
- Candidates who have applied for flying branch and have been recommended, will also have to undergo Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) test .
These tests will be explained to you in detail before they are conducted at the Selection Board.
STEP 3 – CONDUCT OF MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS
If you are recommended by the Selection Board, you will be sent for the medical examination either at Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi, or the Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru.
STEP 4 – PREPARING ALL INDIA MERIT LIST
An All India Merit List is compiled on the basis of your performance in the written test and AFSB interview, subject to being medically fit. Based on the vacancies available in various branches/sub-branches, joining instructions are issued to join one of the Training establishments.
Indian Air Force Selection Process | Warriors Defence Academy Lucknow
Indian Air Force Selection Process: Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow, India | Warriors NDA Academy Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow, India @20% Discount for Defence Coaching in Lucknow Join to Call Now 07081011964
Warriors Defence Academy | Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow | Best Airforce Coaching in Lucknow | Best Defence Coaching in Lucknow India.
Address: 545-GA/1-CHHA, beside Madhuwan Guest house Chandganj Near Railway crossing, Kapoorthla, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226006