Honours and Awards
Honours and Awards
Honours and Awards: In most of the competitive exams conducted nowadays, questions are asked from Honours and Awards. So, we are providing you a list of some Important Awards and their Fields which are the most important for the upcoming competitive exams. We hope it will help you in preparing better for the exams.
Important national awards for Exams:
Highest Civilian Awards in Chronological Order
1. Bharata Ratna
2. Padma Vibushan
3. Padma Bushan
1. Bharata Ratna is the highest civilian award in India. It is instituted in 1954.
2. Padma Vibushan is the second-highest civilian award in India. It is instituted in 1954
3. Padma Bushan is the third-highest civilian award in India. It is instituted in 1954
4. Padmasri is the third-highest civilian award in India. It is instituted in 1954
- Bharata Ratna is the highest civilian award in India. It is instituted in 1954.
- Presented by the Government of India.
- Presented for exceptional public service and rarest achievements in the field of art, literature, and science.
- The first recipients of the Bharat Ratna were politician C. Rajagopalachari, philosopher Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, and scientist C. V. Raman, who was honoured in 1954
- Lal Bahadur Shastri became the first individual to be honored posthumously.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the youngest recipient of Bharata Ratna. He was awarded in 2014
- Recent recipients- Madhan Mohan Malavay and Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Two non-Indians got Bharata Ratna till now. They are Pakistan national Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan and former South African President Nelson Mandela
List of recipients of Bharat Ratna award
|Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman(C.V. Raman)||1954|
|Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan||1954|
|Bidhan Chandra Roy||1961|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri||1966|
|B. R. Ambedkar||1990|
|J. R. D. Tata||1992|
|A. P. J. Abdul Kalam||1997|
|M. S. Subbulakshmi||1998|
|C. N. R. Rao (Chemist)||2014|
|Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketer)||2014|
|Madan Mohan Malaviya||2015|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee||2015|
- Padma Vibhushan is the second-highest civilian award
- For distinguished services in any field including Government service.
- Padma Bhushan and Padma Shree are the other important civilian awards.
List of recipients of Padma Vibhushan award
|Awardee||Field of Prominence|
|Vishwa Mohan Bhatt||Art – Music|
|Devi Prasad Dwivedi||Literature & Education|
|Swami Niranjana Nanda Saraswati||Others-Yoga|
|H.R.H. Princess Maha ChakriSirindhorn (Foreigner)||Literature & Education|
|Cho Ramaswamy (Posthumous)||Literature & Education –Journalism|
Dada Saheb Phalke Award:
Honours and Awards: Dada Saheb Phalke is the highest award in the field of Cinema given by the government of India. This award ceremony is arranged annually and given to the persons for their lifetime achievement in Indian cinema.
List of recipients of the Dada Saheb Phalke Award
|Devika rani Royarik||1969|
|V. Shanta Ram||1985|
|Dr. raj Kumar||1995|
|Adur Gopal Krishnan||2004|
Honours and Awards: Nobel Prize is awarded in 1901 for achievement in the field of literature, peace, physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, and economic sciences. Nobel Prize is an international award founded by Alfred Nobel and administrated in Stockholm, Sweden. The prize is given in form of a medal, a cash award, or personal diploma. The prize ceremony takes place at Stockholm Concert Hall, Sweden.
List of Indian Nobel Prize Winners
|1998||Amartya Sen||Economic Sciences|
|1968||Har Gobind Khorana||Physiology of Medicine|
|1930||C. V. Raman||Physics|
- Instituted in 1957 and named after Ramon Magsaysay, the former President of the Philippines.
- This award is given annually on August 31
- Award is given for outstanding contributions to public service, community leadership, journalism, literature and creative arts, and international understanding.
- Regarded as the Nobel Prize of Asia.
Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding
- Instituted in 1965 by the Government of India.
- Given annually to persons for outstanding contributions to international understanding and goodwill among the people of the world.
- Instituted in 1929
- Conferred annually by the Academy of Motion Pictures in the USA.
- The first Indian to get an Oscar was Bhanu Athaiya for the movie ‘Gandhi’.
- Satyajit Ray was the first Indian awarded Oscar for lifetime achievements in cinema in 1992.
UNESCO Peace Prize
- Presented by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- For extraordinary contributions to international peace.
- Instituted in 1917 and named after the US Publisher Joseph Pulitzer.
- Conferred annually in the USA
- For accomplishments in journalism, literature, and music.
Right Livelihood Award
- Instituted in 1980 by the Right Livelihood Society, London.
- Known as alternate Nobel Award
- To promote and contribute in the fields of environment and social justice.
Mahatma Gandhi Peace Prize
- Instituted in 1995 by the Government of India.
- It is presented for international peace on the lines of the Nobel Prize.
UNESCO Human Rights Award
- Presented by UNESCO
- For contributions in the field of Human Rights Awareness.
- Given every alternate year.
Man Booker Prize
- Highest literary award to authors of British, Irish, and Commonwealth countries
- Instituted in 1968 by the Booker Company and the British Publishers Association along the lines of the Pulitzer Prize of the US.
- Renamed as Man Booker Prize, the sponsorship has been taken over by the Man Group, an international stockbroker.
UN Human Rights Award
- Presented by UN for personal contribution to the cause of human rights.
- It is presented every sixth year.
World Food Prize
- Presented by Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- For the cause of agriculture and food development.
Indira Gandhi Award For International Peace, Disarmament, and Development
- Presented by Indira Gandhi Memorial Fund in India
- For specialized contribution in the field of international disarmament and development.
Bhartiya Jnanpeeth Awards
- Instituted in 1965
- Given for distinguished works in any recognized language by a scholar.
Sahitya Akademy Awards
- Instituted in 1955
- Given for any exclusive writing in any of the 22 languages including English literature.
- Instituted in 1991 by the K.K. Birla Foundation
- Given for any distinguished literary work made during the last 10 years in any of the Indian languages.
- Instituted in 1992 by the K.K. Birla Foundation
- For outstanding contribution to Hindi literature.
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards
- Given to the Indian scientists for their exceptional performance.
R.D. Birla Award
- Given in the field of medical sciences.
- These awards are given for their extraordinary performance in medical sciences.
- Instituted in 1961
- Given by Sports Ministry, Government of India.
- These are given for the special achievements in different types of sports.
- Instituted in 1985
- Given by Sports Ministry, Government of India.
- These are given to sports coaches.
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
- It was instituted in 1992
- Presented for commendable display by the players.
- Param Vir Chakra: It is India’s highest award for bravery.
- Mahavir Chakra: It is the second-highest gallantry award.
- Vir Chakra: It is the third-highest gallantry award.
- Ashok Chakra: It is the highest peace-time gallantry award
LearnFrenzy provides you with lots of fully solved “Honours and Awards” Questions and Answers with explanations.
Warriors Defence Academy
Honours and Awards: We offer excellent preparatory training for the entrance examinations to get into the Indian armed forces.
Honours and Awards: Since our inception 7 years ago, under the captaincy of one of India’s leading youngest entrepreneurs – Mr. Gulab Singh. Hundreds of our candidates have been selected and many of whom have attained top ranks in final UPSC merit.
- The institute has highly qualified and reputed team instructors each entirely devoted to providing an unparalleled education for NDA/CDS/SSB/AFCAT/CAPF.
- The task of teaching transcends the classrooms so as to guide the students to realize their highest potential, and to encourage them to optimize the results.
- Involvement and excellence in extracurricular activities like SSB guidance, personality development, debates, team games, lecture, etc feature in training.
- Our aim at the academy is to make the students imbibe discipline and groom moral and ethical values. Come, be a part of this success story and fulfill your desire for joining the reputed Indian Armed forces and serving the nation.
Honours and Awards: Best NDA Academy in Lucknow | Join WDA Lucknow – Warriors Defence Academy deeply appreciative and offer you our most grateful welcome. We are happy to Announce that Ex. GTO Officer Colonel R. K. Tiwari Sir going to Join our Academy to Guide NDA and CDS aspirants For SSB. WDA is the Best NDA and SSB Coaching in Lucknow India.
Honours and Awards: Warriors Defence Academy is the Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow. We are the Leading Coaching Institute for NDA/CDS/AFCAT/Army/Air Force/Navy Located in Lucknow. Warriors Defence Academy has the Largest GTO Ground in India. Ex. Defence Officers guide the Aspirants of Defence Services. WDA was also Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lucknow.
Address: 545-GA/1-CHHA, Chandganj Garden Road, beside Madhuwan Guest house, near Railway crossing, Kapoorthla, Bara Chandganj, Chandralok, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226006
Call Now: 07081011964