7 December Flag Day of India
7 December Flag Day of India: Real-life superheroes of the Armed forces are honored annually on Flag Day of India on December 7. This day allows citizens to take responsibility for looking after disabled servicemen, families, and dependents of martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the country. Small flags in dark blue, light blue, and red colors representing the Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy, are distributed throughout the country in exchange for donations. #7 December Flag Day of India
HISTORY OF FLAG DAY OF INDIA
Flag Day of India – also known as The Armed Forces Flag Day, is commemorated through the collection of funds through the distribution of flags. Indian citizens express their gratitude to both veteran and current military personnel of the country and pay homage to those who died in service.
This annual tradition started in 1949 on 28 August; the then Defence Minister of India set up a committee to observe a Flag Day every year on December 7. The general idea behind this was the collection of funds from people by distributing flags. #7 December Flag Day of India
In Addition to the colors of the national flag, the color code for the day is red, light blue, and dark blue, representing the three branches of the Indian Armed Forces – Army, Air Force, and Navy. Across the nation, patriotic events are arranged to encourage public participation and support the cause. The primary purposes of the day are to collect funds that will allow rehabilitation to families of martyrs and war victims, ensure well being of the serving personnel and their dependents, and to contribute to the welfare and resettlement of veterans and their families. #7 December Flag Day of India
We love how on the Flag Day of India, the Indian Military staff aids the cause by arranging a variety of shows, activities, and carnivals to showcase in front of the general public and to ensure national security. During the celebrations, volunteers collect donations by selling stickers, coupon flags, and other memorabilia. We cannot think of a more patriotic way to show solidarity! #7 December Flag Day of India
FLAG DAY OF INDIA TIMELINE
August 15, 1947Independent India #7 December Flag Day of India
With the division of the Subcontinent, India gained status as an independent country august 28, 1949An Idea is Born #7 December Flag Day of India
A committee was set up and made in charge of ‘The Flag Day Fund.’December 7, 1949First Time
The Flag Day of India is observed for the first time with great zeal and results.1993Combined Change
Related welfare funds were merged into a singular Armed Forces Flag Day Fund by the Defence Ministry of India. #7 December Flag Day of India
FLAG DAY OF INDIA FAQS
Why is Armed Forces Flag Day celebrated?
The services of the gallant and brave heroes of the Armed Forces who have laid down their lives for their country are remembered and honored on this day.
Where is the headquarters of the Indian armed forces located?
The headquarters of the Armed Forces of India is located in the capital city of New Delhi.
Who designed India’s national flag?
Fittingly to the day, a freedom fighter by the name of Pingali Venkayya designed the first flag of India upon which all further designs were based.
HOW TO CELEBRATE FLAG DAY OF INDIA.
- Donate to a great cause! While the Armed Forces personnel are doing all the hard work, this is the one time citizens can show that they’ve got their back! Be generous with your donations and contributions to the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund.
- Volunteer at a fundraiser ever wanted to be a sidekick to a superhero? Well, this is close enough. Volunteer at the local events set up for Flag Day and really get into the spirit of the day. Collect donations and distribute flags, or assist in the many shows for entertainment purposes.
- Attend a festival. The protectors in uniform really know how to celebrate in style! Attend the various cultural and traditional events, festivals, and other activities set up and staged by the Armed Forces themselves! #7 December Flag Day of India
5 FUN FACTS ABOUT FLAGS
- Gotta be unique! The national flag of Nepal is the only one in the world which doesn’t have a quadrilateral shape.
- The only square-shaped flag. Switzerland is the only country to have a square-shaped flag.
- History in color codes. The colors of a flag are usually symbolic of the history of the country.
- Purple is the rarest color. Used only on two flags of the world, the most uncommon shade on a flag is purple. #7 December Flag Day of India
- The oldest flag in the world. The longest and most consistently represented flag in the world is that of Denmark. #7 December Flag Day of India
WHY FLAG DAY OF INDIA IS IMPORTANT.
- To honor the sacrifices of servicemen memory of those who have sacrificed their lives for their country and its citizens deserve every bit of this gratitude. Without them, peace and harmony wouldn’t be possible. #7 December Flag Day of India
- Supporting the livelihoods of families your donations truly do make a difference. All funds go towards supporting families of disabled soldiers or fallen warriors.
- Being a true patriot. The support of the citizens for the country’s Armed Forces is a great display of all-round patriotism. The Armed Forces and the people stand together as one nation and pledge allegiance to the Republic and its flag.
FLAG DAY OF INDIA DATES
Warriors Defence Academy Lucknow
We offer excellent preparatory training for the entrance examinations to get into the Indian armed forces.
Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow
Since our inception 7 years ago, under the captaincy of one of India’s leading youngest entrepreneurs – Mr. Gulab Singh. Hundreds of our candidates have been selected and many of whom have attained top ranks in final UPSC merit.
- The institute has highly qualified and reputed team instructors each fully devoted to providing an unparalleled education for NDA/CDS/SSB/AFCAT/CAPF.
- The task of teaching transcends the classrooms so as to guide the students to realize their highest potential, and to encourage them to optimize the results.
- Involvement and excellence in extracurricular activities like SSB guidance, personality development, debates, team games, lecture, etc feature in the training.
- Our aim at the academy is to make the students imbibe discipline and groom moral and ethical values. Come, be a part of this success story and fulfill your desire for joining the reputed Indian Armed forces and serving the nation. #7 December Flag Day of India
Best NDA Academy in Lucknow | Join WDA Lucknow – Warriors Defence Academy deeply appreciative and offer you our most grateful welcome. We are happy to announce that Ex. GTO Officer Colonel R. K. Tiwari Sir going to Join our Academy to Guide NDA and CDS aspirants For SSB. WDA is the Best NDA and SSB Coaching in Lucknow India.
Warriors Defence Academy is the Best NDA Coaching in Lucknow. We are the Leading Coaching Institute for NDA/CDS/AFCAT/Army/Air Force/Navy Located in Lucknow. Warriors Defence Academy has the Largest GTO Ground in India. The Aspirants of Defence Services are guided by Ex. Defence Officers. WDA was also Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lucknow.
Address: 545-GA/1-CHHA, Chandganj Garden Road, beside Madhuwan Guest house, near Railway crossing, Kapoorthla, Bara Chandganj, Chandralok, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226006