NDA Salary 2023
NDA Salary 2023: National Defence Academy (NDA) qualified candidates are provided with the training to the cadets of the Army, Navy, and Air Force. The NDA exam is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). For the year 2022, NDA 1 2022 will be conducted on April 10, 2022, and NDA 2 is going to be conducted on September 04, 2022.
The salary of a National Defense Academy and Naval Academy officer starts with an amount of INR 56,100. After the successful training, the NDA salary will be fixed in the first Cell of Level 10. For better preparation, every candidate should download the previous year’s papers and practice them accordingly.
NDA salary per month will also increase with career promotions. Along with the salary, the NDA officer will be able to exercise additional allowances such as Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowances, Para Allowance, etc.
Aspirants can check out various details regarding NDA 2023 Exam Dates, Eligibility, Notification, etc.NDA Payscale
NDA Salary 2023
Those who will clear all stages of the recruitment process will be entitled to get the NDA Salary 2022 during the training period and as full-time officers. The National Defence Academy exam is one of the best routes to joining the Indian Defence Services as a Grade-A officer. If you are appearing for the NDA 2022 exam, you must be fully aware of the NDA salary and job profile. The attractive features related to salary structure draw candidates to apply for the competition. National Defence Academy, commonly known as NDA, hires employees annually by conducting the examination. Below we have discussed the revised NDA salary structure as per the official recruitment notification. Upcoming NDA 2022 Exam Dates
NDA Salary 2023 Per Month- Rank-wise Payscale
After the successful training, the pay in the pay matrix of the Officer commissioned shall be fixed in the first Cell of Level 10. Here is a table that will simplify the NDA salary per month as per the designation:
|Position||Pay Scale (Per Month)|
|Lieutenant||INR 56,100/- to INR1,77, 500/-|
|Captain||INR 61,300/- to INR 1,93,900/-|
|Major||INR 69,400/- to INR 2,07,200/-|
|Lieutenant Colonel||INR 1,21,200/- to INR 2,12,400/-|
|Colonel||INR 1,30,600/- to INR 2,15,900/-|
|Brigadier||INR 1,39,600/- to INR 2,17,600/-|
|Major General||INR 1,44,200/- to INR 2,18,200/-|
|Lt. General HAG Scale||INR 1,82,200/- to INR 2,24,100/-|
|HAG+ Scale||INR 2,05,400/- to INR 2,24,400/-|
|VCOAS/ Army Cdr/ Lt Gen (NFSG)||INR 2,25,000/-|
The fixed Military Service Pay(MSP) is as follows-:
|NDA officers Military Service Pay(MSP)||Amount|
|MSP is paide to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier||INR 15,500/- fixed per month|
Follow NDA study materials for full syllabus coverage in short time just before exam.
NDA Salary 2023 during Training Period
Cadets are welcomed in NDA by the Joint training team (JTT). Candidates selected through the NDA exam will be initially paid a stipend of INR. 56100/- per month (at pay matrix of level 10) during the three years of the training period
The period of training will not be treated as commissioned service and arrears on account of admissible allowances (as applicable) for the training period will be paid to cadets.
Check out NDA 2022 Result: Download Scorecard, Answer Key & Cutoff.
NDA Salary 2023: Perks and Allowances
Apart from the above-mentioned basic salary, candidates will be given additional allowances and perks. Here are the details
|Dearness Allowance||Admissible at the same rates and under the same conditions as applying to civilian personnel from time to time.|
|Kit Maintenance Allowances||INR 20,000/- Annually with Dress Allowances|
|Para Allowance||INR 10,500/- Per Month|
|Special Forces Allowance||INR 25,000/- Per Month|
|Para Jump Instructor Allowance||INR 10,500/- Per Month|
|Project Allowance||INR 3,400/- Per Month|
|Para Reserve Allowance||INR 2,625/- Per Month|
|Technical Allowance (Tier-I)||INR 3,000/- Per Month|
|Technical Allowance (Tier-II)||INR 4,500/- Per Month|
Check out NDA Exam Centres 2022.
NDA Salary: Additional Allowances
Based upon rank and area of posting, NDA officers posted to field areas are eligible for the following allowances:
Field Area Allowances
|Field Area Allowance||Amount Payable(Per Month)|
|Highly Active Field Area Allowance – HAFA||INR 16,900/-|
|Field Area Allowance – FD Area||INR 10,500/-|
|Modified Field Area Allowance – Mod FD Area||INR 6,300/-|
High Altitude Allowances
Candidates posted to Siachen are entitled to a Siachen Allowance of INR 42,500/- per month. Similarly, NDA officers posted to high altitude region are benefiting from the following allowances –
|Siachen Allowance||INR 42,500/- per month|
|Category-I||INR 3,400/- Per Month|
|Category-II||INR 5,300/- Per Month|
|Category-III||INR 25,000/- Per Month|
Counter Insurgency Allowance
|Area||Amount (Per Month)|
|Peace Area||INR 10,500/-|
|Field Area||INR 16,900/-|
|Modified Field Area||INR 13,013/-|
Children Education Allowance:
An amount of INR 2250/- per month per child for two eldest surviving children only. This allowance is admissible from Nursery to 12th Class.
An amount of INR 6,750/- per month per child for two eldest surviving children only. This allowance is admissible from Nursery to 12th Class.
The allowance of free ration will be applicable for 2 stages such as
- Continue in Fd Area to all Defence Officers.
- Defense officers posted in the peace area.
Important PointsCrisis Benefits
NDA Salary: Additional Benefits in Crisis
The below-mentioned facilities will only be applicable for certain types of mishappening. The mishappenings are divided into two categories: Death and Disability. Here are the benefits as per the category.
In Case of Disability
- Monthly Ex-gratia amount of INR 9,000 per month.
- Ex-gratia disability award of INR 16,200 per month
- Constant Attendant A
In Case of Death
- Ex-gratia amount of INR 12.5 lakhs to the NoK.
- The Ex-gratia amount of INR 9,000 per month to the NoK.
- The Ex-gratia awards to Cadets (Direct)/NOK, will be sanctioned purely on ex-gratia basis and the same should not be treated as pension for any purpose.
Check NDA Answer Key 2022.NDA Insurance
NDA Salary: Insurance Policies
- Army Group Insurance Fund, a compulsory contributory group scheme, provides insurance cover for INR 15 Lakh on payment of a one-time non-refundable premium of INR 6,400 for 3 years paid from the date of joining NDA till completion of training.
- In case of relegation, an additional premium of INR 1,160 per relegated term will be paid immediately upon occurrence.
- The officers who are invalided out from NDA by IMB on account of disability and not entitled to any pension will be provided with INR 7.5 lakhs for 100% disability.
- The amount will be reduced to INR 1.5 lakhs for 20% disability.
- For less than 20% disability, only an Ex-Gratia Grant of INR 50,000 for the initial year of training and INR 1 lakh during the last year of training will be paid.
- At IMA, at the time of stipend, the Gentlemen cadets are provided insurance cover of INR 75 lakh with a monthly contribution of INR 5,000 (with effect from October 1, 2016, as per maint AGI scheme as an application to regular officers).
- Those who are invalidated out from IMA by IMB on account of disability and not entitled to any pension will be provided INR 25 Lakhs for 100 % disability.
- The initial amount will be reduced to INR 5 lakhs due to 20 % disability.
- For officers who have more than 20% disability, only an Ex-Gratia amount of INR 50,000 for the initial year of training and INR 1 lakh during the last year of training will be paid.
NDA Career Options and Growth
Candidates can check below the promotions given to the Army, Navy, and Air Force based on their performance and years of service.
|On Commission||IMA- LieutenantINA- Sub LieutenantAFA- Flying Officer|
|02 years||IMA – CaptainINA – LieutenantAFA – Flight Lieutenant|
|06 Years||IMA – MajorINA – Lt. CommanderAFA – Squadron Leader|
|13 years||IMA – Lt. ColonelINA – CommanderAFA – Wing Commander|
|On Selection||IMA – Colonel (Selection)INA – Captain (Selection)AFA – Group Captain (Selection)|
|26 Years||IMA – Colonel (Time Scale)INA – Captain (Time Scale)AFA – Group Captain (Time Scale)|
|On Selection||IMA – BrigadierINA – CommodoreAFA – Air Commodore|
|On Selection||IMA – Major GeneralINA – Rear AdmiralAFA – Air Vice-Marshal|
|On Selection||IMA – Lieutenant GeneralINA – Vice AdmiralAFA – Air Marshal|
|On Selection||IMA – GeneralINA – AdmiralAFA – Air Chief Marshal|
NDA Salary: Important Points
- The Dearness Allowance payable as per the revised pay scale goes up by 50%.
- Higher TPTA cities are Hyderabad, Patna, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Surat, Bangalore, Indore, Jaipur, Chennai, Lucknow, Greater Mumbai, Nagpur, Ghaziabad, Kolkata, Kochi, Kozhikode, Pune, and Kanpur.
- The transport allowance shall not be permissible to that personnel who are already provided with the facility of government transport.
- The special facility is provided to the officers in pay level 14 or above who are entitled to use the official car. These officers shall have the option to avail car facility provided by the government or to draw the transport allowance at the rate of INR 15, 750 + DA thereon.
- Physically disabled personnel shall continue to be paid at a double rate, subject to a minimum of INR 2, 250 + DA.
The leave policy will be applicable in accordance with the rules in force from time to time and after the retirement, pension, gratuity, and casualty pensionary award will be given in accordance with the rules in force from time to time.
NDA Salary FAQs
Ques. What are promotional benefits?
Ques. How long is the Probation period for the NDA Officers?
Ques. Will I be paid during the training period?
Ques. What is the highest salary of an NDA officer regardless of the academy?
One Reply to “NDA Salary 2023 | Top NDA Coaching in India | NDA Academy in Lucknow”
Comments are closed.