MYANMAR ANGRY WITH PAKISTAN OVER ‘UNFIT’ FIGHTER JETS SUPPLIED BY ISLAMABAD: REPORT
Naypyidaw: Multi-role fighter planes, JF-17 Thunder, supplied to Myanmar by Pakistan were declared unfit and the military junta has sent a “stern message” to Islamabad to answer for the mess, Myanmar-based Narinjara News reported citing sources.
Pakistan supplied many JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft to Myanmar between 2019 and 2021 and all have been declared “unfit for operations.” FIGHTER JETS SUPPLIED BY ISLAMABAD
The delivered planes were part of a deal that the Burmese military junta signed in 2016 to purchase JF-17 produced jointly by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation of China. But soon after the delivery of the aircraft, the Burmese Air Force was forced to ground the planes as malfunctions and structural flaws were detected. FIGHTER JETS SUPPLIED BY ISLAMABAD
The failure of JF-17 appears to be shimmering tensions between Islamabad and Naypyidaw and somehow compelled China to intervene.
A recent visit by Myanmar’s Chinese envoy to Naypyidaw is said to have carried a message from the CCP’s top leadership to Gen Min Aung Hlaing, as per Narinjara News.
According to sources, Pakistan is trying hard to renegotiate the deal with newer versions of the JF-17s. In all likelihood, these new variants will be developed by the same combination of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation of China.
However, so far there is little information on whether the renegotiated deal has been accepted by the military junta leadership. FIGHTER JETS SUPPLIED BY ISLAMABAD
Informed sources said that the military junta is very upset as the non-utility of the aircraft has hampered most of its plans of beefing up its airpower to carry out targeted strikes on Myanmar’s resistance groups which are fighting under the banner of the People’s Defence Force (PDF) an armed wing of the NUG. FIGHTER JETS SUPPLIED BY ISLAMABAD
Following the news of the crisis arising out of the malfunctioning of the JF-17s, Pakistan’s efforts to sell similar aircraft to other countries, especially Latin American countries have hit a roadblock, reported Narinjara News.
After this, the military junta refused to get into any new talks on procuring aircraft from Pakistan, other countries too have been reluctant to engage with Pakistan.
Notably, China itself has not included a single JF-17s in its inventory to date.
Warriors Defence Academy
Warriors Defence Academy is the Best NDA Coaching in Lko. We are the Leading Coaching Institute for NDA/CDS/AFCAT/Army/Air Force/Navy Located in Lucknow. Warriors Defence Academy has the Largest GTO Ground in India. The Aspirants of Defence Services are guided by Ex. Defence Officers. WDA was also Awarded as Best NDA Academy in Lko.
- We have complete facilities to Prepare you for the Defence Exam…
- Faculty – Some of the best names in the field of Defence career coaching are available to impart psychology, GTO and interview training.
- Infrastructure – State of the Art infrastructure facility for indoor-outdoor coaching.
- Fees – Competitive fee structures have been devised to allow deserving candidates from every strata of society to get an opportunity to avail coaching facility.
- Computer-aided coaching for NDA/CDS written test
- Expert coaching in Personality Development, Leadership, Team Building and Soft Skills Specialized coaching for GTO tasks.
- SSB Interview guidance for TGC, NDA, TES, CDSE, SSC
- Outdoor task training
- Proficiency in Group Discussions
- Personal attention and grooming
Call Now: 07081011964